Anyone play Carvin amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
    I had a V3, which is a killer amp. Lots of flexibility with it's 3 channels, midi switching, EL34/6l6 and half power, if I remember. I traded it to Toejam. Sounds great low or loud. Also had a Legacy, which is really way loud. Don't even bother at bedroom levels, but in on word, sounds very Vai.
    I still love the V3, Pete!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The V3 is such a solid amp. What I really love is how you can get a tone for pretty much almost anything. I use the smart loops to the fullest capability because I play in a death metal band, a jazz quintet, and a funk/rock group. A huge plus is the clean tone it gets. You plug that sucker into an orange 4x12PPC, add a little reverb, and bam. I've never had a cleaner clean tone come out of a head live or on recording. Quality amp!
      http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Alfred-Rylands/24331142420?ref=ts

Guitars
      Jackson DKMGT Floyd Rose Turbo, Blue, SD Screamin' Demon (bridge), SD '59 (neck)
      Jackson DKMGT Hardtail, Satin Black, EMG 81 (bridge), EMG 85 (neck)

Amps/Cabs
      Carvin V3 100wt 3-Channel All-Tube Head
      Old Crate Head and Cab from the 90's, Solid state Head 4x10 cab
      Orange 4x12PPC Cabinet, Celestion Vintage 30's, 240wts at 16ohms

Effects
      Dunlop Crybaby Wah
      Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
      Digitech Whammy

Comment

I used to have an older X100B head with the 6L6's. It was capable of a great sound but it seemed inconsistent. You could have the sound perfect one day and then it would require tweaking all over again the next day.

Nice amp overall, though.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
        X