Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splawn makes great cabs.

Comment

Alright! Called my dealer today, they've just received my new ENGL 412 V30 straight cab picking it up tomorrow, I'll give a detailed review over the weekend

Comment

Y'know Jeff Loomis plays Engls now..they'll prolly make him his own model. That I will be interested in..of course!

His tone is exactly what I've been shooting for since '96...but its in his hands too. That I don't really have. I just sound like me no matter what I play.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

you must use...the pud..the sound you're looking for..it's in your pud...then, and only then, will you rule the galaxy and surpass Loomis' skills
          fact: whatever people think of various ENGL amps, their cabinets kick major ass and absolutely noone has ever refuted that (unless maybe their IQ level matched their shoe sizes?!?!)
          can't wait to hear the Herbert ripping through a straight V30 cab again !

Comment

I've onwed my Herbert for 4 years now and it continues to impress me on a daily basis. It's been far and away the best sounding high gain amp for my needs I've played.

As for cabs, you should really checkout the Diezel frontloaded 4X12 with V30s. It sounds killer with the Herbert.

Comment

I have the Diezel front loaded and it sounds awesome. I play an ENGL Powerball through it.

Comment

well, I hooked up the straight ENGL Vintage cab today, and it's killer with the Herbert!! Definitely a better match for it than the V60's, just like I anticipated.
                I did some A/B'ing, and there's definitely better definition with the V30.
                It's all down to the difference in voicing between the Blackmore and the Herbert.
                And the best part is, it's going to sound even better when the speakers have been broken in properly
                I'm will be holding out on the Diezel cab until I get to try one in person.

The Herbert has so much bottom end and thump, it's amazing. I find myself having to be careful and refrain from dialing in too much low end. When I play the Blackmore after playing the Diezel, it still has a lot of great tone, attack and definition, but it sounds like all the low end is just gone kinda like a SS amp actually.

Now where is an ABY switch so I can play them both simultaneously....

Comment

Working...
                X