Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave Mustaine 1986 -what amps/effects etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a digitech DF-7 on the mega cheap so couldnt say no...il experiment with that as has emulations of many of the things you have mentioned....

I think its tough to get that old sorta tone these days, mabye cause you dont really hear it that often anymore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHcvL5z5b4
    I meen just listen to the tone on that guitar after the initial solo, its just beautiful

In regards to the Chrous pedel (i have little to zero knowledge on pedels outside some basic knowledge on distortion) will the just bolster the sound through solos...?

I think the tubescreamer was a good call, it gives off quite a harsh crunchy tone. I think someone i know has a metal zone il give that a try ! thanks guys, any idea on what types of settings (gain mid etc) im going for :P

Thanks !!

Comment

JCM 800 with a ProCo Rat box
      CURRENT GEAR SET UP
      2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
      1989 JACKSON KING V
      1984 JACKSON RR
      AXE FX II
      MESA BOOGIE 2:90
      DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
      FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
      (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
      (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
        that's you age.

Peace sells sounds amazing.
        Lol, you're only one year and 12 days older than me. I don't think it's my age; I think it's my ears. I think they had awesome tones on Rust in Peace. Some of the best tones I have ever heard in fact.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Dave M. was useing Marshalls and Rockman gear at that time(`86/`87) He used a Rockman Sustainor live along with Marshalls. Around that same time Dan Spitz of Anthax helped Dave get his endorment deal with Jackson.

Comment

It seems he also uses more highs then most people in this genre, atleast to my ears. The most important thing though is he is not tuned down to the depths of hell, that helps with the crispness of the cut through and attack, I believe anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by paige View Post
              It seems he also uses more highs then most people in this genre, atleast to my ears. The most important thing though is he is not tuned down to the depths of hell, that helps with the crispness of the cut through and attack, I believe anyway.
              I always felt he was going for the direct opposite of metallica in terms of tone. While metallica was more scooped mids, bass-heavy, his tone was the cutting, high-midrange, trebly tone.
              Sam

Comment

Yeah, thats the way I hear it to. Atleast I'm deaf lol.

Comment

Working...
                X