No announcement yet.

boss overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The issue with OD's in front of a solid state amp is it tends not to send the best, as transistors aren't very pretty when they distort. Because of that OD's don't sound good with solid states at all, often winding up kind of mushy. While I think the Super Overdrive or whatever the SD-1 is seems to be a nice pedal with some distortion qualities, in this situation, it's more of an overdrive.

What is your budget? I don't like to recommend the MT-2 as it can sound a bit thin and fizzy to my ears without mods. I had the original version of the Metal Core, and it's kind of useless for anything other than scooped mids nu-metal. I would personally save until you can trade the Spider up for something nicer like a Vox Valvetronix, use dLine 6 Flextone or SpiderValve, or maybe some kind of Randall. I just don't think the Spiders are great sounding amps to begin with, which is probably part of the issue

Comment

Sell the pedal and buy the FBV Express so you can change channels on the Spider. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tch?sku=150412
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        Sell the pedal and buy the FBV Express so you can change channels on the Spider. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tch?sku=150412
        ...OR just get a POD XT Live or something like that, and just plug it into the return of your buddy's amp's loop. You'll have the same thing all the time then, and all you'll have to do is tweak the EQ, or do seperate patches for home vs. band.

Comment

im trying to save for a valve combo
          Maybe the dingo at your baby?

Comment

SpiderValve? That is one Line 6 that DOES take a pedal - on the lower gain channels. I had one for a bit - very nice amp. I only used about 2 channels on it though, so I sold it and got a couple Mesa combos.

Comment

yeah thats what i have been looking at

Comment

One thing I will say - VERY LOUD, even though you may only be looking at the 40 watt 112.

Comment

i want one! i will probably get the footswitch tho bc it is compatible with the 112

Comment

Keeley Metal Zone + 1981 JCM800 2203 ran very clean + 2 (4x12s)JCM800s = Sweet
                    www.JerryRobison.com
                    '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Neat. But not in the budget range he's talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        Neat. But not in the budget range he's talking about.
                        Really talking about the Keeley MT2 to push the front end...Good pedal
                        www.JerryRobison.com
                        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Working...
                        X