No announcement yet.

Good Solo Boost Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the Little Aligator work different than other pedal? I'm not talking the switchless part but the solo boost... I don't get it. Is it that if you back of you get your normal sound and when you press it all the way you get the boost???
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

I think he's talking more so about a "boost", as in a volume boost, and not a gain boost. With the volume pedal, your gain and tones gonna be the same, just LOUDER. Lots, like me, use a pedal up front, to goose the front end of our amps, providing a gain boost, increasing sustain and what have you, during solos.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

I bought the Keeley Katana last month and it's fantastic. You can set it up for just a clean boost, then you can get overdrive by cranking the knob up. Really cool!

From the indoor storm site:
        Robert Keeley Katana Clean Boost, Color "White", As far as guitar clean boosts go, the Katana is KING TONE. It's the pedal to have for the finishing touch on your tone. Want a mirror image of your tone, only louder? This is it. The Katana is also a fat, harmonically rich boost, just pull out on the volume knob and stretch your imagination with overdriven tone! You can keep it on all the time to push your amp harder, or as an occasional boost to cut through the mix. Two modes, Pure Clean and High Gain * With the speedo knob Pushed In, think of it as a volume control that goes to 20. ** With the speedo knob Pulled Out, it's a cutting boost with a bit of gain. Not quite an overdrive, just overdriven tube grit and edge to your tone. FEATURES~ * 9 volt DC jack or Battery operation. DC jack at top of unit like Boss or Ibanez effects. * Internal Power Supply Boost - turns your 9 volts into 18!!! The power supply's high voltage is what leads to this super clean headroom pre-amp. * JFET design - clean tones, tube like when they overdrive or clip. * Push-Pull Speedo Knob. Gain controled by side mount knob so it can be adjust with your feet. Pull out the Speedo Knob for saturated higer gain tones * Metal Film Resistors and Caps. Ultra Low Noise Design. * Blue LED, a Keeley Trademark! * Silver soldered and teflon coated wire * True-Bypass * Battery or DC adapter powered * 5 Year Warranty.
        Last edited by Bengal65; 10-30-2008, 07:39 AM. Reason: Additional Information
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Metal Muff with Top Boost, it sounds great, and the boost is pretty good. With this pedal, you've got a little more sustain too.

Comment

If you want to experience with EQ in loop approach, buy an cheap Behringer shitty soap box that is copy of Boss EQ. It sucks, eats signal, is really shitty and whatnot, but it is great way to see if that approach is for you.

If it is, then upgrade to real good EQ pedal and keep the soapbox behringer as spare or have an throwing contest with it.

For those (like me) who does not have a lot of experience with different pedal types (will it be usefull for me), those cheap little plastic boxes are IMO nice way to try. I have like 10 different behringer pedals and after I've played around with those in my setup I have noted 2-3 "type" of pedals that I really like and are for use to me and got an proper ones.
            Last edited by Monni; 12-13-2008, 05:52 AM.

Comment

From your list (above), this one sounds good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xIXw9JIqjk
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
                How does the Little Aligator work different than other pedal? I'm not talking the switchless part but the solo boost... I don't get it. Is it that if you back of you get your normal sound and when you press it all the way you get the boost???
                When the pedal is heel down it is totally transparent to the volume level of my amp. As I increase the toe (push down) the volume increases. Its the same thing as having somebody turning up your master amp volume control for solo's.

Comment

Working...
                X