No announcement yet.

Roland Jazz Chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way .... avoid the new ones with the buttons. Find the ones with toggles, and if you come across one with the blue labels on back of the speakers .... get it. That is the first ones that came out (japan) and they have metal corners on the cabnets instead of plastic.

For me, I have a BOSS GT8 and a 120 which i have mentioned before is the Poor mans Vetta.

I always like The Cult and that was the amp they used up till Electric CD. The dude from Rush is also a 120 fanboy. It is amazing just how many artist have recorded with a 120 at some point, and it continues. The 120 Chorus is perhaps one of the most covited sounds, which is why so many others use it as a referance.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Yeah, I use the JC-120 to see what characteristics a pickup has. It gives a fair and true definition.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I tried a used one today at a local music shop...you guys aren't kidding when you say this thing is LOUD! Holy crap...going from zero to one was quiet, but going from one to two shook the paint on the walls. I see what you mean by the distortion...not much there and better left off. I don't get the two channels though. You only get chorus with the one channel that has the distortion. Why did they create two? They sound the same when clean.

BTW: it is a very clean sounding amp. It was a little beat up and had a little crackle in the volume knob of one channel, but sounded great.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Its a great amp to own. I think pretty much every guitar player wants one.

Comment

Working...
          X