Marshall Vintage Modern clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
    Confirmed! From a DSL50 user. And I use mine as a one channel amp all the time... Sometimes it is the green channel boosted or sometimes the red channel... Don't laugh... But I prefer how the DSL sounds when the volume is rolled down on my guitar compared to using only the clean channel.
    I was really surprised to find this when I had mine. I've been using different Rectos for the better part of five years and they do not clean up very well when rolling back the guitar volume, nor does my Avenger. And Marshall's get slagged around here... Maybe they're not so bad after all.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
      Marshall's get slagged around here... Maybe they're not so bad after all.
      Who here talks like that about Marshall amps? :ROTF:

Whatch out for the Marshall Militia!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I played one and was unimpressed, but this guy is getting a good tone out of it. He's using a power attenuator so I'm guessing that's the difference. I wasn't able to open it up to truly see what it could do at volume which is the key to getting the most out of a Marshall.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, Rupe. I did not know he was using a power attenuator. I'll bet that is how he's getting it to sound so good. Oh well, cancel that idea for me, then, as I very rarely get to crank the volume, and I really don't want to spend the $ for the amp & cab + a power attenuator.

Comment

It has lots of gain when you engage the extra pre-amp tube. It is very bright sounding.

Comment

Working...
            X