Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
    Dude, that is awesome!

Is the amp usable in a home situation? I can imagine that without a boost you have to crank the crap out of it to get some gain out of it correct?

All you need now is a Distortion + and a 10 band MXR for that puppy to slam the front end.
    It's usable in a home situation if you are trying remove paint from the walls or kill small rodents

Seriously, it's your typical Plexi Marshall. To do it's thing, it has to have the volume pumping. I did run my old Distortion + through it but it's just not the same as letting those power tubes do their thing.

What's surprising to me is really how little the cascade mod affects the overall sound. It ups the treble but ultimately really doesn't seem to add much more gain. There is a slight difference but it's very subtle. I'm really preferring the normal input with the volume on 7...I absolutely nailed Warren's "Lay it Down" tone today, something I've never really been able to do even though my band covers that song.

Comment

Lovely, absolutely lovely.

Congrats.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
        It's usable in a home situation if you are trying remove paint from the walls or kill small rodents

Seriously, it's your typical Plexi Marshall. To do it's thing, it has to have the volume pumping. I did run my old Distortion + through it but it's just not the same as letting those power tubes do their thing.

What's surprising to me is really how little the cascade mod affects the overall sound. It ups the treble but ultimately really doesn't seem to add much more gain. There is a slight difference but it's very subtle. I'm really preferring the normal input with the volume on 7...I absolutely nailed Warren's "Lay it Down" tone today, something I've never really been able to do even though my band covers that song.
        I can imagine what that thing sounds like once the powertubes are cooking. Nothing comes close to that cranked plexi sound. It is THE sound of rock n roll. I've read a few reviews in which the reviewer said if you ignore the modded channel and just plug into the normal input on that amp, it sounds better than any Marshall plexi reissue they're ever released. I'd love to have one but sadly, I don't have the dough.

Its great to see Marshall giving Randy his due.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post

In my best Picante sauce voice..."SEVEN"??? Good lord, i remember
          my brother in laws 30th anniversary, and we could hardly stand it on 4!
          Your a brave man!

Comment

Working...
          X