No announcement yet.

New Amp Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-2 on the JSX. Its uninspiring and lackluster.

Comment

the Carvin V3 is really a great amp, as others have said.
      3 channels, massive gain on tap, very nice clean, and it's $900 new.
      oh yeah and made in San Diego. I think that's still part of the US this week.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

lhrocker - here's the kicker for me, none of the amps mentioned thus far are as good as the RM100 you already have. That's a really great amp.

I think it is extremely unlikely that you will find a better amp in the price range you are targeting - particularly with 3-4 channels.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hughes & Kettner Triamp - 3 channels, 2 modes per channel - all footswitchable. I just missed one on the bay for $855. There's another one that is $1200 BIN with free shipping. Slightly over $1k, but that's still acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
            Hughes & Kettner Triamp - 3 channels, 2 modes per channel - all footswitchable. I just missed one on the bay for $855. There's another one that is $1200 BIN with free shipping. Slightly over $1k, but that's still acceptable.
            Tried it, heard it... don't like it at all. Sounded processed. My guess is that there are way more electronics than there are tubes.
            The Carvin V3 shits all over that amp.

Comment

John - are you sure you're not thinking about the switchblade? I had the switchblade and traded it for my Randall, but I heard the Triamp is supposed to be a monster!!! I will look into a Carvin or Boogie.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                John - are you sure you're not thinking about the switchblade? I had the switchblade and traded it for my Randall, but I heard the Triamp is supposed to be a monster!!! I will look into a Carvin or Boogie.
                The Triamp is overrated and over priced. Also.. although the V3 is a fine amp and works great for my bandmate I don't think you will like it. Its a great amp if you want clean, Marshall and Mesa all rolled into one but it certainly doesn't have a unique sound. Its very familiar and middle of the road. It does have great features like the multiple smart loops. I still think its not "special" enough for you. Look around for a Mark IV.

Comment

We had a Switchblade. Yuck. It was an aweful amp.

Comment

Uberschall..

..Fuggums!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X