Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wreckingcrew View Post
    I think I may go for that Jekyll and Hyde.. it has OD and Distortion
    If I'm not wrong, those pedals are HUGE. Better have a big pedalboard. Saw one in GC and the uber/metal zone pedals look tiny in comparison.
    Sam

Comment

Xotic BB Preamp... the most amazing drive pedal I've ever heard
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        If I'm not wrong, those pedals are HUGE. Better have a big pedalboard. Saw one in GC and the uber/metal zone pedals look tiny in comparison.

it says on MF the dimensions are 5x6 inches. I should have enough room for that on my Coffin Case pedal board. I only use 3 pedals.

hey Endrik I looked for the Xotic BB preamp on Musicians Friend and I couldnt find one

Comment

Is your Metal Zone stock? I had mine modded by Analogman and it that did the trick. Sounds much better, more like an amp. Hated it before the mod. The sound clips on the Analogman page sound exactly like before and after the mod.

Comment

How about the Maxons my local guitar bruthas completely rave about??!!..the 808 or 09 or whatever the shit..

Personally, I liked the old Korg Hyper distortion..those were kewl!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chavelfan View Post
              Is your Metal Zone stock? I had mine modded by Analogman and it that did the trick. Sounds much better, more like an amp. Hated it before the mod. The sound clips on the Analogman page sound exactly like before and after the mod.

ya its all stock... How much do the mods cost??

Comment

you can get Xotic stuff from their website http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/

or places like this http://www.guitarpedalstore.com/defa...Xotic-Prosound

they have plenty of videos too of pros demoing their stuff http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/video/
                I think BB Preamp would be perfect for you but the other thing you can consider is the RC Booster.
                After trying those out I will not touch any other drive pedal again.

They will give you plenty of gain while the crunch and warmth factor still remains when boosting... but on a clean channel you'll get awesome overdrive wich makes all the notes sound very thick
                Last edited by Endrik; 07-02-2008, 01:33 AM.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

E.. That BB Preamp sounds pretty cool..I'd love to try one. Fuck, I always thought Greg Howe has one of the best lead tones imaginable. That would prolly be a killer boost with the Uber and would prolly make pinch harms easier. The Bogner is fussy with that stuff. You really have to hit them right on the head to grab 'em..Nothing like the Marshall in that area!! That stuff was always a huge part of my style and the Bogner can impede that at times.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, I think it would help you... the cool thing is that you can set Xotic pedals so transparent that they wont alter your tone at all.... no buzz/fuzz!!

You could also try AC booster it's a tad softer than BB wich is maybe better for a brutal amp like Uber.
                    Tim Pierce is doing a short demo with AC and some real old vintage gear. Just hear how the lead tone sings http://www.prosoundcommunications.co...mov/Tim_AC.mov

Comment

Anyone tried the Fulltone OCD? I'd like to compare that to the Xotic

Comment

That does sound organic as hell..it doesn't even sound like there's a pedal there. Hmmmmm. The bottom full as can be. I never F'd with pedals since I've owned the Bogner..maybe I should investigate!

Comment

LOve the metal muff!
                          EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                          1959Epiphone les paul
                          george L cables
                          mxr pedals
                          Engl fireball 100

Comment

Originally posted by ken361 View Post
                            LOve the metal muff!
                            ...but it's so much harder on my teeth.

Comment