No announcement yet.

Bugera amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got to test drive a Bugera a couple weeks ago and thought the high gain tones was pretty good. I enjoyed playing it...still think a Peavey is the way to go for the coin. I'm partial to the Peavey 3120!

For whatever reason this gem of an amp doesn't get much mention here. It's the closest thing to an "Uber" Peavey ever made..and I know this. In fact, it's prolly closer to my Bogner than any amp I've tried at fraction of the cost. Is it good as the Bogner..no, but it's in that ballpark for heavy, thick, tight, organic, dark, high gain brootalz..and it has 3 channels.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      I got to test drive a Bugera a couple weeks ago and thought the high gain tones was pretty good. I enjoyed playing it...still think a Peavey is the way to go for the coin. I'm partial to the Peavey 3120!

For whatever reason this gem of an amp doesn't get much mention here. It's the closest thing to an "Uber" Peavey ever made..and I know this. In fact, it's prolly closer to my Bogner than any amp I've tried at fraction of the cost. Is it good as the Bogner..no, but it's in that ballpark for heavy, thick, tight, organic, dark, high gain brootalz..and it has 3 channels.
      Did finally testdrive a 3120 and I did like it a lot....great amp. Didn't get to play it with my cabs tho so I don't know if it's a better tone for me than the XL. I use late 1980's Peavey cabs with the 85 watt (rated 100w these days) celestians.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• You know, I have been interested in trying the 3120, but no one ever seems to carry it. It's like it's barely a blip on the radar, And if it is truly as great an amp as you say, then the lack of presence in the stores is a real shame.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

• I too haven't had a chance to check the 3120 out...

seems to be forever in the 6505s shadow but I was interested when I saw it on the site.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

• IIRC, the 3120 is based on the Triple X but with EL34s...
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

• Tell you what, I can get good tones out of the V22 1X12 combo anytime I go into a GC. Nice amp for the money. Nothing else out there all tube that I like better for the same or less.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

• I have a 333xl and matching 2 x 12 cab. It's very good for the money. It blows away the peavey 6505.
                2011 Charvel Aqua Wildcard #4
                2011 GMW tele project
                2010 GMW strat project
                2010 Fender USA strat Highway 1
                2006 Peavey HP Special black
                2005 Peavey HP Special NAMM Guitar teal quilt
                2004 Gibson LP Classic goldtop
                1990s ESP MII Deluxe purple
                1988 Kramer Nighswan baby blue polka dot

Bugera 333Xl
                Marshall 2X12 1936 cab

Comment

• My first post here!
                  I´ve had a 6262 head now for two years and never had any problems with it. I also use DIY 4x12" cab loaded with V30´s and it sounds great! My bandmate has Krank head+4x12" cab but i´d say my gear sounds way better.

Comment

• On the Peavey, are those made in China? Not all their stuff is made in America, or so I've read on another forum recently.
                    I always thought they were going to keep their stuff domestic.

As for the point about Americans not having any pride in their work, of course not. Not when they're being treated like second-class citizens by their employers. Not everyone can be a Doctor or Lawyer or Executive who pushes papers and fondles a secretary's ass all day. Who'd do the work that is required to get the product of any company out the door to the customer? It doesn't get done by virtue of the decision that it should be done being made. It takes someone to carry out that decision, and those are the people who get the least benefit. "A job well done" doesn't pay rent. Tell your landlord you can't pay rent this month, but your boss said you did a great job meeting the deadline, and see what he says. You think he's going to go to the bank that holds the mortgage on his rentals that although he doesn't have the money for this month's payment, he does have a tennant whose boss told him he did a great job at work?

The days are long past when "the satisfaction of a job well done" were all a man needed to support his family, and every business exec that stuffs twice as much money into his pocket than he needs to live on should remember that. Yes, being a success in business is a nice dream, and one I wouldn't mind seeing come true myself, but when you're putting so much excess in your pocket that half your personal take could put another person to work AND leave you living a decent life, maybe you need to rethink that vacation home in Barbados or the yacht or Mercedes on your WIsh List.
                    Last edited by Newc; 06-21-2010, 07:41 AM.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• ---
                      Last edited by BenoA; 06-21-2010, 01:07 PM. Reason: Moved out of that discussion...
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• I'm sorry that's a fucking lame excuse. I'm going to do a shitty job because I don't get paid enough or my boss doesn't tell me I did a good job. No wonder our countries fucked up.

Comment

• No, I think Newc has a good point. I see it every day. Jackoffs who get paid way more than they should, while the REAL workers are busting their asses, and scraping to get by. One doesn't have to look too far to see this happening.
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

• No, I think Newc has a good point. I see it every day. Jackoffs who get paid way more than they should, while the REAL workers are busting their asses, and scraping to get by. One doesn't have to look too far to see this happening.
                            That's capitalism for ya! But it's still no excuse to do a crappy job and have our jobs sent overseas to people who work harder and get paid a lot less.

Comment

• As well, you've got a whole generation of workers who have been spoiled by over-convenience - microwave this, drive-thru that - as well as having been through a school system that praised mediocrity and under-achievement as a passing grade. Tests were dumbed down so people didn't have to try as hard. They spent 12 years straight being taught that simply showing up is good enough, and that follows them to their jobs later in life.

I make a product that I do not use myself. While I do adhere to the base standards of quality the company dictates, there's no "extra mile" for me to go in that respect.

And yes, performance costs. You want top level performance, you pay for it. Every business in this town states quite clearly in official company literature that one of the reasons they located here is for the low worker pay. That doesn't translate to a lower price for the customer, only more money for the higher-ups to stuff into their pockets.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                                That's capitalism for ya! But it's still no excuse to do a crappy job and have our jobs sent overseas to people who work harder and get paid a lot less.
                                I got news for ya, Rich, if they can send it over seas, and make a profit off of doing so, they are gonna do it, no matter WHAT kind of quality work I am doing. It's all about the money. Corporate America doesn't give a fuck about what's quality, or who's doing great work. They're a bunch of self-centered jackoffs that stepped on the backs of smaller people, to get what they wanted: Mcmansions, BMWs and lots of dough. What's in it for THEM, that's all that matters.
                                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                                X