No announcement yet.

BOSS GT-10 "in da house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to use a GT-6 but the tone suckage made me give it up for a G-Major. I've been happy on and off with it. I was using some software editing software for the g_major that screwed things up for me so bad that my bass player kept on asking me if I was in tune. I performed a reset and my G-major is acting normal. Still, I've given some thought to the GT10 . Maybe it's time to rethink my decision.
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Has anyone tried sending a GT-8 patch from their PC to their GT-10? Did it work?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
        i want to know, too.
        does it have some basic drums on it?
        No...just a 39 second "Recorder"... phrase looper.

Comment

Originally posted by Chavelfan View Post
          I've been interested in the GT-10 too. I've tried it out 2 times, once at Guitar Center through their little Roland display amp and again yesterday at Best Buy through a Marshall DSL 2000 on the clean channel through a Marshall 4X12. Used a USA Strat at Guitar Center and a Squire Strat at Best Buy. I was surprised both times, the pre-sets sounded really good from cleans to heavy sounds even with the single coils. It also cleans up like a "real" amp with the volume knob which surprised me. Did not figure out the 40 second looping.
          I have a $100 Best Buy gift certificate and it is really tempting. No sure If I can give up my "boutique" pedal board yet.

There are no drums on the GT-10.
          *** WTF? Best Buy has Guitars? And Effects? They dont out west?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
            *** WTF? Best Buy has Guitars? And Effects? They dont out west?
            Here in Northern VA there are 2 stores that have recently opened an instrument section. They both have like 2 USA Fenders and 2 real Les Pauls, (way up high on the walls) and the rest are Squier and Epi and other budget brands. They have an amp room, a drum room, keyboards, Boss, and Line 6 effects. They are like a mini Guitar Center, mostly budget and medium dollar stuff. It would be a little strange buying a 3K Les Paul from the Best Buy! I have noticed that all of the higher end stuff like the real Gibsons and Fenders are not shown on-line. Even the GT-10 is not shown on-line, but they had one on the floor in the amp room and 4 more in boxes at the store I was in.

Comment

2 weeks in and this thing is just the best. Awesome tones once you know how to really get the best out of it. So many options.
              I'm having fun with the harmonizer too. Really good Death "Human" sound. The tracking is flawless.

Really good recording sound too.
              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

I watched the boss demo and hated every single sound. The players were good, but every sound sucked. Pure digital shit. Funny thing though, I watched some kid on youtube play through a hartke stack, an epiphone Zakk wylde, and one of these and it sounded good. Go figure.

Comment

Check out just one of the clean spacial effects...it's pure Dream Theatre
                  imo... (nice clothes too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K8JC335PAA

Comment

Is that the summer clean patch?
                    When I found that patch I knew I had to get the GT-10.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                      Is that the summer clean patch?
                      When I found that patch I knew I had to get the GT-10.
                      I like that one too...but the one here is a modified "BillyJ"..soaked
                      in Reverb

Comment

Working...
                      X