No announcement yet.

BOSS GT-10 "in da house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres the best part..i let my brother in law buy my first one off me..
    then when i went on a Saturday to buy the only ones available in Phx at
    the time (sam ash) they were having a "take $100 off any purchase $499
    or more! The GT-10 is $499~! I paid $431.00 out the door including tax!
    At this price, i felt like a thief !!

Comment

I finally got a hold of one of these today. It can do some neat stuff but I'm not sure. I've got a month to try it out and I can return it.

First I tried it into a Fender Princeton Chorus direct into the stereo effects return. Didn't sound that great, and I did select the amp set up as JC return.

Then I tried it stereo into a Blues Junior and another small tube combo. I had them spaced about 6 feet apart and with this set up you could hear the stereo effects much better. Sounded better through the little tube amps than through the Princeton Chorus.

Maybe it was cause I was flippin through all the presets and checking them out, but after a while all of the amp distortions kind of sound the same but just eq'd differently.

I've never had one of these effects processors before and I was able to figure out how to switch stuff around (change the preamps and effects) without reading the manual within a couple minutes.

I'm afraid I could spend hours tweaking different sounds and actually not playing anything.
      Last edited by cookiemonster2; 07-12-2008, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
        I finally got a hold of one of these today. It can do some neat stuff but I'm not sure. I've got a month to try it out and I can return it.

First I tried it into a Fender Princeton Chorus direct into the stereo effects return. Didn't sound that great, and I did select the amp set up as JC return.

Then I tried it stereo into a Blues Junior and another small tube combo. I had them spaced about 6 feet apart and with this set up you could hear the stereo effects much better. Sounded better through the little tube amps than through the Princeton Chorus.

Maybe it was cause I was flippin through all the presets and checking them out, but after a while all of the amp distortions kind of sound the same but just eq'd differently.

I've never had one of these effects processors before and I was able to figure out how to switch stuff around (change the preamps and effects) without reading the manual within a couple minutes.

I'm afraid I could spend hours tweaking different sounds and actually not playing anything.
        *** When i went back to the P' Presets...my tone dropped about 200%! After boosting EQ's...and lifting the overall lower Bass by adding
        small amounts of Pitch Transposer/Octaver... my U' (user) presets are
        massive! You can get at least triple the tone by tweaking, over the
        factory presets in this unit. But then you also could with the GT-8.
        Just turn that 3rd knob over from the left, when your into the EQ
        area...and lift the entire band another 20db! Then back away from your amps!

Comment

Does the GT-10 have any drum tracks on it?
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Well I took my GT-10 back today. I guess modelling technology is just not for me. Every amp model sounded like the same basic tone eq'd differently to me. I thought about keeping it for the effects but even those weren't anything like a normal Boss stomp box. I tried the GT-10 through three different amps and changed the input setting and everything and just didn't work for me. I guess if you played live and wanted to have a bunch of different preset effects set ups it would be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
              Well I took my GT-10 back today. I guess modelling technology is just not for me. Every amp model sounded like the same basic tone eq'd differently to me. I thought about keeping it for the effects but even those weren't anything like a normal Boss stomp box. I tried the GT-10 through three different amps and changed the input setting and everything and just didn't work for me. I guess if you played live and wanted to have a bunch of different preset effects set ups it would be handy.
              Modeling is certainly not for everybody but having both a killer tube amp and a killer modeling rig is the ultimate in flexibility.

Comment

Might look into one of these as I need some effects (I only have the Dunlop Wah and the DS-1 for when I'm using SS otherwise with the VK I use the VK gain) and theres no use having a million single effects pedals. I was going to look into a Boss GT-8 but from watching a few youtube videos, I like the GT-10 better
                Nathan (Slashrox)

Kramer Pacer Deluxe (1984)
                Fender Stratocaster (2006)
                Jackson PC-1 (2012)
                Kramer Pacer Classic (2013)
                Gibson Les Paul Traditional (2014)

Roland Cube 80gx 1x12 combo
                Fender Supersonic 4x12 cab

Comment

So, having tried the GT-10 out twice in a shop, I finally bought one on Monday.
                  I had quite alot of fun using it at home though my PC and Yamaha monitors, the sound quality and feel is definitely much improved. But today came the real test for the reason I bought it:
                  I brought it to rehearsal and connected it to my ENGL Fireball in 4-cable-method. Of course I had to tweak it a little, but with the ability to change the Loop Send and Return levels of the GT-10 I was able to get just about the full tone of the ENGL. Maybe not 100%, but close enough that any possible difference didn't bother me at all, even in direct comparison (let's say about 15 seconds to change cables between 4CM and direct-in).

So for me, the days of tone suckage are over and I can safely retire my old GT-5 now.
                  What I like the most about the GT-10 so far (apart from near lossless connection) is the two separate effect chains, and the fact that the input level is controlled in the software, not by a knob on the outside of the unit. That was always the weakest link on the old GT-5 ... all four units which my buddy in the band and I own developed defective contacts there. I was very pleased when I saw that the GT-10 doesn't have that knob anymore, actually it was one of the things that sold me on it.

So thanks for the recommendation!
                  I was always happy with the GT-5 except for the tone suckage in 4CM and the fact that the input level knob goes bad after a while... the former is gone, and as for the latter, let's just hope it does indeed hold up well.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Just picked one of these up for little more than a new gt-8

I used to use my buddies gt-6 when we shared a practice room and i made some nice patches that i really like on it, however i'm mostly against digital sound, but since i'm so out of touch with gear now, and don't want to spend tons of money finding the right amp or rack gear ect, i am hoping this will fit my needs with at least being able to be flexable here at home and using it with my computer ect... If i venture out and decide to play live i at least have this to start with.
                    Be here in a few days, mainly hoping the digital fizz isn't to bad.
                    Any opinions on that?
                    I read about those Harmonic Convergers,... spendy, but if i find i'm annoyed by the digital side effects i might have to find something to remedy that, otherwise i'll hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                      Does the GT-10 have any drum tracks on it?
                      i want to know, too.
                      does it have some basic drums on it?
                      '97 KV1 alder

Comment

I've been interested in the GT-10 too. I've tried it out 2 times, once at Guitar Center through their little Roland display amp and again yesterday at Best Buy through a Marshall DSL 2000 on the clean channel through a Marshall 4X12. Used a USA Strat at Guitar Center and a Squire Strat at Best Buy. I was surprised both times, the pre-sets sounded really good from cleans to heavy sounds even with the single coils. It also cleans up like a "real" amp with the volume knob which surprised me. Did not figure out the 40 second looping.
                        I have a $100 Best Buy gift certificate and it is really tempting. No sure If I can give up my "boutique" pedal board yet.

There are no drums on the GT-10.

Comment

Just walked in the door with this beast!
                          $386.00 used, but really NEW as can be, Thank You Windows Live
                          I used up all three of my rebates now, bohoo, best promo ever.

Should be an intimate all nighter tweaking knobs and deciphering all this cryptic shit
                          Been a looong time since i've messed with this stuff.

Comment

Dammit! You beat me by $13.00 !! (but mine was new!)
                            And of course yours was mint...it's only been out for 6 weeks!
                            Congrats! After 6 weeks with mine, i like twice as much as i
                            did the first week...like all Boss effects...you keep finding more
                            wonderfulness!

Comment

Alright, this is getting really tempting.
                              The Guitars:
                              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                              The Amps:
                              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Picking mine up in a week. Retiring the trusty GT-6 soon after.

Has anybody tried recording with it to a PC through a USB connection? Thats one of the main reasons I want one. I was looking at getting the X3 Live for this reason but I'd rather stick with BOSS if I can help it.
                                All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                                X