Slawn Pro Mod coming in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slawn Pro Mod coming in...

I snagged an older model and it should be here this week. it has the Heyboer tranny's in it so it is most likely the version just before the latest revisions.

The clips I heard made me jump on it so hopefully it sounds as good in person.

Review to follow...

pic below...

"Slawn" - my favorite.

Comment

oops. meant to write shlawn...

lol..

or was it schmlawn...

Comment

cool...Congratulations! I still dig my old Shawn QuickRod let us know ho you like it when you get it

They have a forum but I don't post very often there (too many boards = too much time spend not playing)

http://splawnfans.proboards38.com/
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Shawn. Thanks! I got a question for you. Can you use an a/b y box into the inputs and make them switchable? I joined the forum over there and asked the question but have not heard.
          Last edited by Firebird V; 03-18-2008, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I've always been impressed with any Splawn clips posted, and they look great! They seem to truly have that authentic classic VH tone..even more so than VHT to my ears.

If I were to buy another amp it would prolly be a Splawn. What is their high gain monster that I would like..

Congrats!

Bill Z
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              I've always been impressed with any Splawn clips posted, and they look great! They seem to truly have that authentic classic VH tone..even more so than VHT to my ears.

If I were to buy another amp it would prolly be a Splawn. What is their high gain monster that I would like..

Congrats!

Bill Z

The Nitro
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                Hey Shawn. Thanks! I got a question for you. Can you use an a/b y box into the inputs and make them switchable? I joined the forum over there and asked the question but have not heard.
                that is a good question , never thought about doing that but wouldnt think it would be a Splawn specfic question tho, in theory it would work with any amp with a High and Low inputs. Hell I hae a Whirlwind A/B box I may have to give that a shot just to see
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

cool. thanks Shawn!

yeah Bill. You are a NITRO guy. Check out the clips of that one.

Comment

I got it. Sounds really good. I only got to plug in for 10 minutes but I was impressed. it sounds better with my really old Crate (all plywood construction) cab than the mesa Boogie 4 x 12. They both have the same speakers in them Reverend N/ Naylor all tone 50's) but the boogie just lacks something. it is not as warm as the other cab. The crate sounds like an old 1960 cab. I really like the speakers in these because they dont break up and can make a dirty clean with other cabs sound much cleaner. I have been using the boogie cab with the rectoverb so I guess from my experience in the past boogie cabs sound best with boogies.

Anyway. a review of it at a later date.

Oh. And the anser is no Shawn. you cant plug into both inputs at the same time. The rivera S120 is the same way. It has to do with the wy it is wired I guess. The Hi gain input takes presidence and it squeels like a pig if both are plugged in simultaneously.

Also. The clean channel is really pretty clean. Not Rivera or Fender clean but better than any tube Marshall i have ever owned. it has its own eq but shares the gain from the od channel.

With the gain on 4 it is way plenty for my tastes.

Anyway. I will do a full review later.
                    Last edited by Firebird V; 03-20-2008, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Wow, Chris. Cool as hell. I can't wait to try it!
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

you bet. see you next saturday with splawn in hand. lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X