Sooo you guys forced me to get a GT-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo you guys forced me to get a GT-8

We'll I was considering getting a GT-10 but I couldnt find one on Ebay and UK stores don't seem to have any so I found awell priced GT-8 Used barely on t3h e-gay....

I'm going to be using it with my VK-212 isntead of my messy and cumbersome effects setup...

I've also placed an order for 4 10ft PW grounded at one end cables, I believe this was reccomeneded in the GT-8 brilliance bible....

I'm going to dump the FX pedals as I don't need them now, so any suggestions to get me started are appreciated...

I'm thinking i'll be using simple FX setups some chrous and delay on clean and some other effects a lead with some nice delay etc...

It'll give me the opportunnity to mess around with a good many effects without using hundreds of stomp boxes and different combos of stomp boxes...

So if anyone has any good reccomendations i'd appreciate some help to start off!!

Cheers!

Bump if anyon e can post some tips to tweak this unit, i'm looking to use it for basic effects have different settings for clean and drive...

Cheers

Comment

i've been sidelined for the past few days due to kidney stones. i bought one too i have a gt-6 now, that jgcable showed me the ropes on some time back...but i saw a few vids of the gt-8 and bought one.

Comment

I Can't wait to mess around with some of the funky stuff like the harmoniser and reverse delay...

Sorry to hear about the kidney stones glad your on your feet again though!

I have plenty of experience with modelers and stuff so I shouldnt have much trouble with the GT-8, the seller messeged me earlier and he's sending it within the next few days...

With luck it shall get to me by the beginning of next week...

Comment

mine will be here in a few days as well!

a few vicodin's and i'm feeling a little relief. i passed a small stone this morning(second time in my life doing so) no pain at all. too bad it wasn't the entire 7mm that this stone is!

i'm soo anxious to receive the gt-8! on the gt-6, fat strat is one of my favorite sounds. hopefully the 8 has some nice sounds also.

Comment

Do a search for GT-8 in this area... i dont feel like typing a thousand
            words right now~! But youtube shows a quick reference for fast
            scrolling on the GT-8. Remember, if it seems thin and lame sounding
            when you first get it...not to worry! EQing, and global settings can
            make this a MONSTER of tone! I have went thru about 5 different
            levels with this processor in 8 months. Just keeps getting more bad'
            ass every month!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
              I'm going to dump the FX pedals as I don't need them now, so any suggestions to get me started are appreciated...
              sure thing! First off, place all your old pedals in some kind of sturdy box & fill it with packing peanuts. Head down to your local post office and buy sufficient postage stamps to ship said pedals to Australia. Write my address on the front of the box and send. All done!

ps. let me know if you need a couple of bucks to help with postage....
              Hail yesterday

Comment

They are only behringer ones though the compressor compresses and the Graphic EQ is an EQ....

I'll probbaly sell them locally to put more money toward the mike amott ninja 600 ive got on layaway...

I've gathered from extensive reading the ebst thing to do is build up stuff over layers i'm not going to be using anything other than the effects like chrous, delay, and Flangers etc I like the overdrive sound of the valveking as is so i'm just going to set it up as an FX unit however I may create some patches with the preamps for direct recording/silient practise......

Thanks guys, i've seen hundreds of posts about the GT-8 and figured that for what I want it's perfect...

Comment

I recently got one and I love it so far. I'm still scratching the surface.

download the GT-8 Brilliance document here.
                  http://bossgtcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15464
                  very helpful and a lot of great tweaking results without having to put in all that time. they explain the 4 cable method very well also (this is what I use, to be able to access both my amp's direct tones in addition to the many preamp settings on the 8)

that and the manual will get you going right.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yeah allready skimmed through that, it's a great document...

Can't wait to get it I hope it comes toworrow or monday...

I've got the PW grounded on one end cables as advised in the brilliance doc...

I should be able to get some cool effects going on and some subtle smoothies...

Comment

Woohoo the GT-8's arrived today excellent just got to tweak it some now...

Comment

Can I force you to get me a GT-8 while we're at it?

Plzkthxbye.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Sorry if I had spare change floating around I might....

Comment

First impressions are good I'm thinking to utilise the preamps and everything in this unit i'm going to attempt to get a pick attack mdoel wehre i can go from clean to distortion at teh flick of a my wrist...

I still havent mastered the edit functions to dial it in perfectly but what i've achieved so far is damm cool..

Thanks for the info guys and the good reviews that made me go for it it's a second hand unit but the guy must have had it boxed after one play or something not a scratch on it...

I should hopefully get some recordings done by the end of the week, i'll doa with adn without GT-8 for the VK...

Comment

Working...
                            X