Vetta settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta settings

Hey all, i noticed i had to turn the master bass down as it was getting boomy, other people do this?

Also whats a good rock/classic rock setting?

Alot of the models seem very high gain, with nothing in the middle.

Using an emg 81, do passives work better?? Any one tried both?

Also where are good download sites for patches? A search function would be good also for that site!

Oh, and i forgot to add, when using the head, do people use the cab sims or turn them off?

Thanks

Comment

After a while playing at band level volume, I had to cut the bass a bit and turn off the cab sims. It was really getting flubbery on the bottom end especially during heavy palm muting.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yea, i had it up a bit today (half power is still loud!) and had to cut the bass, and the with the sims off it sounded good, very in your face!

Great cleans too, loving it. Just cant seem to get that rock sound, can get clean, chord breakup, heavy rock and metal and more but no soft/classic rock, maybe a AC-30 with pedals or a few TS's on low gain etc

Comment

for what you're wanting, I used the Identical Twins setting and boosted the mids and added a Screamer stompbox (and on that effect alone you can tweak the effect to get what you may want, less gain, mild breakup, etc). I had one of these set as a patch for low gain classic rock, and one set as a different patch with more Screamer in it on higher gain/drive for more of a cutting hard rock tone.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Do people use the cab sims or just turn them off for live work?

Is there a global cab sim off?

Comment

I always used cab sims. Usually.. I stuck with the T75 loaded 4 x 12's for the heavy stuff and 2 x 12 cabs for the cleans.

Comment

i just cant get into this amp at all, the sounds are good, but it just doesnt feel right at all.

Please help with settings!!

EMG owners with vettas, please chime in

could it be the emg's are too hot for the vetta? Everything seems to have a bit too much gain??

thanks

matt

Comment

most people use too much gain on the Vetta. turn the gain/drive/presence down a bit. some of those Fender Blackface preamp patches, when tweaked right, can really sound great and very responsive, but yeah it's not a tube amp. it does not have the feel of a tube amp, although some patches it's hard to hear the difference.

turn down the gain and turn off the effects and start there. then add one or two things in different combinations until you have what you want. it does take time at first.

as for EMGs, I'd think my advice applies to any pickup on this amp. it doesn't sound like the pickup is the issue here.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                  X