No announcement yet.

Which 4x12 cab and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to hear from Shawn Lutz on this one...
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have a Buzz Feiten cab that has never let me down and always get compliments on its tone. My Marshall 1960A works well for me and it's tough as nails.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

UberKab here. My only 4x12 now,...

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          I would like to hear from Shawn Lutz on this one...
          Bogner 4x12 with V30's because that sumbitch sounds the best with whatever head/amp I use it with to my ears..why?...I dunno .yeah I dig V30's

VHT FB w/P50E's and a Splawn wiht Guvnors/manowar tied for 2nd.

To me it really depends on the amp you use with it...ie my JCM800 sounds best to my ears with its matching can with g75's
          Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 02-08-2008, 12:45 PM.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I like my Diezel Front Loaded better than anything else I've played through. It's got an X pattern with V30's and Diezel 80W's. Very articulate and upfront in the mix.

Comment

Mesa standard cab with V30's, I would never give mine up
              Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

My all-time favorite is a Marshall with greenbacks. I once had a mint JCM800 cab with 75Ws that sounded great, too...but I hate those plastic handles.

Comment

I really dig the Marshall cabs with Greenbacks or vintage 30s as well. you can get tons of different sounds without breaking the bank or your back.

Comment

I really like my Hughs & Kettner Custom 4x12, but a Marshall 1960B with v30's and 75's comes in a close second.

Comment

I have used an all original 1971 Marshall 4x12 with vintage 30's, metal handles and basketweave grill for about 10 years now. Nothing I have ever had since or before sounded better to my ears. I wish I had 3 more, but try finding just ONE these days!

Comment

I have practiced through a Mesa straight Recto cab. I believe they are slightly bigger than a Marshall. It was brutal and well built. I'd highly recommend.

I currently used a 90's Marshall 1960A. Beat to hell but it still rocks and rolls. It will beg for mercy through my VHT 2902 before my other cab will: an original 5150 slant. The 5150 has more bite and bass than the Marshall but what a POS build. Casters suck, been replaced 3 times now. The back panel used to fart from bass pressure until I weather sealed it and threw in a couple deck screws through the center.

Both of my cabs are beat up and I'd hate to buy a nice one and see it go through the abuse of playing live bar to bar. But.. if I had to the Mesa is #1 so far.

Comment

I second two posts on here:
                          Carvin cabinets are very good and priced well. Mine have stood up to years of punishment. Tough to try out because no one sells them unless you live in CA. but they do offer a 10 day trial if you don't like them.
                          I have tried the Gens Benz G-Flex cabs and they sound awesome...so if you've got room buy 4 of those
                          Marshalls, Mesa's, VHT, etc....it's all great stuff and it depends on what sound you're looking for, but if you want a decent rig without breaking the bank, the two mentioned above shouldn't dissapoint.
                          2 BC Rich USA Gunslinger's-lightning bolt graphic
                          BC Rich USA Mockingbird-candy apple red metallic
                          BC Rich USA STIII-gray snakeskin
                          Ibanez RG770DX-lazer blue
                          Kramer Sustainer American-black

Comment

Mesa oversized , V30s , tons of balls... nuff said.

Comment

I have a Mesa 4x12 with V30's that sounds awesome! I would however like to pick up an Uberkab for my Bogner someday. I'm also putting together a no name cab that I'm going to put 4 Celestion Greenbacks in. I bought the Greenbacks new several years ago and they have been sitting in the boxes ever since. These are the British made ones
                              And BTW, that Mesa cab does weigh a ton like someone pointed out earlier but it sounds great. Mine is the regular sized cab not the oversize one.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

my favorite 4x12 ever, and the only one i EVER used live, is the marshall VS8412. it is deeper than a standard marshall and more compact. it sounded nice with the original celestion G12H speakers, but became a MONSTER when i loaded it with 4 EVM12L speakers. eventually i sold it because i went with smaller cabs (1x12's, 2x10, and a 2x12). i pulled out the EVM's and put the original speakers back in. sometimes i miss that cab. IF i ever needed another 4x12, i'd hunt one down before trying something else.
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X