Triaxis Owners! Help Wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triaxis Owners! Help Wanted!

Anyone know if someone has published any programs, either artists or individuals? There is that Tony McKenzie guy on the Web, but the programs are downloadable only in Windows 95. I don't know if they are Midi files or something else? I'd like to see what they look like before I download. Any experiences here?

I'm going nuts trying to program the thing.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

triaxas programming

It's been a few years since I have used one but the programming can be done with the program even tho its made for Windows 95. If I remember correctly, with XP I had to setup the program to be compatible with 95/98.

I don't know but doubt it will work with Vista at all. Once the program is installed, right click on the executable, choose properties and click on the compatability tab and select compatible with 95. I believe that is all I had to do in making it work under XP.

I ended up going to a ada-mp1 which was easier to program and for me, I can achieve every tone I want.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by sgray View Post
      It's been a few years since I have used one but the programming can be done with the program even tho its made for Windows 95. If I remember correctly, with XP I had to setup the program to be compatible with 95/98.

I don't know but doubt it will work with Vista at all. Once the program is installed, right click on the executable, choose properties and click on the compatability tab and select compatible with 95. I believe that is all I had to do in making it work under XP.

I ended up going to a ada-mp1 which was easier to program and for me, I can achieve every tone I want.

Good luck

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot. I have a ADA MP-1 as well for my my Marshall tones, but it just doesn't give the Mesa sounds. Programming is not difficult with the Triaxis, it's just a lot of trial and error to get some of the more popular sounds out there.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I can't help you there, but I do have (if I can find it), Hetfield's settings for his Triaxis, I believe they were already in programmed format, but I could be wrong. I'll try and look for it on my minefield of a computer.

Found 'em online:

http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/met.tri
        Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 08-05-2007, 03:55 PM.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Somewhere in the mess that is my room I have a paper printout of some artist presets. I'll scan and send them to you when I put my finger on it. Here's an Yngwie one, I think done by his tech:

Mode Lead 2 Red
          Gain 8
          Treble 4.5
          Mid 10
          Bass 5.5
          Lead 2 Drive 9 (or 8)
          Master 7
          Dynamic Voice 10
          Output 1.5

Don't know how close it comes as I haven't programmed that one in. You need some delay and reverb in the loop of course.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Yngwie with a triaxis? I never knew that! O_O
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

GOR, Thanks. Those seem to be the same as the Tony McKenzie downloads. I have those but cannot open them. I need to do some kind of Windows XP to 95 conversion to do it. This computer file stuff is way over my head.

Robo, Thanks I'll have to give the YJM a try for grins. I'll have to break out my YJM Fender

Comment

Working...
              X