reverb pedal recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverb pedal recommendations

I am looking to find a good reverb pedal. Does anyone here have any recommendations?
    "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

electro harmonix holy grail

Comment

+1, I really liked mine. Very natural sounding.

Pete

Comment

Verbzilla. Lots of features, some cool sounds.

I had too much noise coming from the Holy Grail.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have looked into the Holy Grail and the Verbzilla, and they both look like good pedals. Has anybody else used both of them, and which do you like better?
          "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Also, what is the build quality on these two (the holy grail, and the verbzilla)?

Comment

I have not had time to try a Holy Grail, but the Lien 6 Verbzilla is built LIkE A TANK. A nice, heavy, tough pedal. The Holy Grail have a thin metal case like most HE pedals, but again I'm not sure.

Comment

I had a Holy Grail for short time, couldn't get the thing not to drop volume when on vs. off. I replaced it with a T-Rex Room Mate. The T-Rex is expensive but by far the best reverb pedal I've tried.

Rudy
                www.wickedrocks.com
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

I´m with Rudy on this one! If I used pedals instead of my rackmounted stuff I´d definitely go with the Room Mate. A bit pricey but the best reverb pedal I´ve ever tried.

Comment

I just looked up the Room-Mate - you guys weren't kidding, its expensive, but it sounds really good I will give it some thought.

Comment

I decided to go with the verbzilla. One important factor was that I could get it on Amazon. I have an Amazon credit card that gives me gift certificates, and I had a bunch of them from when the ex-wife had access to the card. If there was one thing she was good at, it was using the credit card :ROTF:

I really like the Verbzilla. It has a lot of different sounding reverbs and a good amount of control over them. It also sounds pretty natural through my amp, which is a plus. I really like the Octo setting, it sounds like some kind of spooky chorus effect. Thanks for the help guys, I knew you wouldn't steer me wrong

Comment

The Verbzilla and Marshall Reflector reverb pedal clips sounded good at the time I was looking for a reverb pedal but I wanted something that was quiet on stage for live use and also didn't want it to be a tone sucker. So I went with the Room Mate and haven't looked back since.

Rudy
                        www.wickedrocks.com
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                        X