Marshall JCM 800 4104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 800 4104

Well after almost 2 years trying to find an amp that matches the tone inside my head, I sold my Dual Rec half stack and ordered a 6505+ which I’m due to collect sometime today (I’ll be running it through a 1960A stereo cab).

In the meantime, I had to bring my JCM 800 4104 out of retirement, something I had dreaded for a number of reasons; it’s falling to bits, lack of versatility with the single channel etc.

I installed a couple of new Celestion G12T-75 speakers (the old ones were torn to shreds!) and took it to my band rehearsal last night. The Marshall has Electro Harmonix EL34’s and Mesa Boogie 12AX7’s. I used my TS9 and an NS2, and used my SD reissue with a single Seymour Duncan TB4, nothing else…Fuck me! I forgot how brutal these amps were. Every time I hit that guitar I felt it thud through my chest. I didn’t need a boost for solos; they just cut through without having to increase the volume.

I now remember why I prefer valve amps. This 6505 I’m picking up has some hard work ahead of it. I don’t want versatility anymore, I want chest pains!

I always regret selling my 800, it had great tone. I got the bug for rack gear and sold it years back and then couldn't get a decent sound with the rack gear I could afford. Sold all that and got a JCM900 2 channel, nice but not as good. I've retired the 900 for now and have started to use rack gear again (better units this time tho).
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

im holding well on to my 800[2204].its killer.craps all over my 900,having said that i have a 6505 on its way too lol
      my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Working...
      X