Twisteramps (Pete) 18watt TMB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisteramps (Pete) 18watt TMB

So some of you may remember a while back, Pete built me an 18 watt Marshall TMB clone. It's not exactly a clone of course, because Pete did several mods and tweaks to improve on the design.

Here's a pic of it, with my Lopoline 2 X 12 loaded with V30s.

I hate to admit it, but I hadn't really been using this amazing amp very much, because in my band I need more gain and volume. I wanted this mainly for noodling around at home, and playing some old rock stuff for my own amusement, which I haven't really had much time to do between practicing and writing. It suddenly occured to me yesterday, that I have a Tech 21 XXL pedal kicking around that might really suit the TMB.

Oh, look at that cheap, shitty cable I was using too. Hey, all my shit is at our rehearsal space. Sue me. :ROTF:

Anyway, I was right, these two are a match made in heaven. I can go from super clean classic rock, to warped-out psychedelic stoner rock at the click of a switch. The TMB is going to be seeing a lot more use from here on, I guarantee it. I'm gonna have to get some hosting space so I can post some clips.

I gotta throw out a huge thanks again to Pete for building this beauty for me.

By the way Pete, have you finished any more, or are you too busy with the SLO clone?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

did pete do the tolex and all that stuff too? looks very nice!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
      No kidding that is sweet

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
        No, the head boxes come complete, ready to bolt the chassis into. They have an awesome selection of colours to choose from. You can probably tell that the head is slightly darker in colour to the cab. I guess Weber and Lopoline have different sources for blonde tolex, but it's not a big deal.

As you can imagine, the PTP wiring in this thing is impeccable.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Very cool Zeeg, post some clips of her! Glad you're still digging it. Looks awesome with the logo'd headshell and cab.

Sully - hell no I didn't do the tolex! I'm all thumbs when it comes to that. Wiring an amp from scratch, I can handle. but applying tolex just right and building headshells requires a different array of skillsets than I have. Or at least have time to learn.

Pete

Comment

Working...
          X