I couldn't stay away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't stay away...

Since I've been crying myself to sleep for the last six months that I've been without my Single Recto, I decided that I had to get another. This time though, I went for the dual. What a kick ass amp. I'm finding new sounds every day. Tonight, I found a sweet semi-high gain crunch sound on the green channel for my seven string using the pushed mode. I was so stoked I had to snap a pic and gloat a bit.

One day, I'll have a SLO. In the meantime, this will have to do.
    Last edited by khabibissell; 03-26-2007, 11:02 PM.

Thats kick ass. Dual Rectifiers are great amps. Every guitarist should own one.

Comment

I got a 1x12 cabinet so I could play mine in my apt....even though it sits around most of the time now because i play bass in bands, I will never get rid of that amp, I love it and it's custom ordered, in the books under my name! Try putting some EL34s in it and running it into a Marshall cab with vintage 30s, that is my sound!

Comment

Thats how I feel about my Stiletto Series 1 with the Hollywood mod. Its such a totally kick ass amp. It looks great and its extremely versatile.
        I have the matching 3/4 back Mesa cab for it too.

Comment

Mesa Boogie makes great stuff. It isn't for everyone, but you can't deny the quality of their gear. Rectos are not amps to be played in the bedroom, and they don't really shine on their own IMO. Within the context of a band mix is where they excel. I put my single on the 'bay because I wanted to try some different stuff. After about four days of having serious doubts with my decision, I logged in to cancel the auction. Someone bought it! I was bummed...

I recently picked up a JSX for a good price and though it is a cool amp, it just doesn't stand out with the band the way the Recto does. The Peavey sounds a little thin. Rectos are huge! This dual is a tad compressed, but I love the way it responds to my picking. It feels very "alive" for lack of a better term. Last band practice, after about an hour of metal/hard rock mayhem, I was fooling around during break and was getting an amazing low gain blues tone. There are so many tones in this thing...

Comment

I am dying waiting for my Roadster amp to come in. The Rectifier series just kills.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
              Mesa Boogie makes great stuff. It isn't for everyone, but you can't deny the quality of their gear. Rectos are not amps to be played in the bedroom, and they don't really shine on their own IMO.
              ....Unless you have the Recording Preamp version, then the bedroom is a great place
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I heard a Roadster combo live recently and it sounded excellent.

Comment

Congrats! I had a Single Recto w/1x12 wide cab and miss the hell out of it.
                  I sold it to Sambencuda, so I'm sure jg heard it.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Try a TungSol Reissue 12AX7 in V1 - that'll "open" it up a bit. It's funny, I keep thinking about getting a Roadster, and then I plug in my Triple...
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Roadster/roadking series are just killer amps. I love the triple, don't get me wrong they are just crushing. The roadster just seems to have a lot more flexibility for my tastes. The only reason I didn't go for a RoadKing II was because I didn't want to spend the extra 800.00 for just being able to adjust my powerstage and the extra effects loop. I have enough problems just trying to make one loop work right.

-Nate
                      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I have several Dual Rec's. My live rig includes the VoodooAmps mod. Big improvements in CH3 tightness and CH1. I have no idea why I haven't sent more to them. I think I want a DC-5 combo.

Comment

Nice. I just added another Dual Recto to the collection. A very old one.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                            Thats kick ass. Dual Rectifiers are great amps. Every guitarist should own one.

+1

Great amps and more versatile than many will ever know.

Comment

Great!
                              I am getting rid of my single rect to buy a Roadster hopefully soon.
                              Mesa Rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X