X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krank micro stack

Looks pretty badass if you ask me.

Ouote:

"The new Rev Jr. micro stack. It was geared more for the bedroom/practice or small gig environment. It's an 20W all tube dual channel head (2 6V6's, 3 12AX7's) with boost switch and active effects loop. One thing I should mention is the 1x12 cabs will handle a 100W head for home studio use so they serve multiple purposes. We're still not absolutely sure on either the street date or price but at this point it's looks like they should be available somewhere around the end of April/early May and will be in the $899 MAP price range for the full stack. It will also be available as a half stack as well (*NOTE: the head will not be sold separately)"

Certainly looks cool. Nothing wrong with having an extra pair of high
    quality 1/12 cabs either with that rating. Should be a big hit if they
    can be had for say $700.00 street? (full stack

Comment

I just might buy that! If not for the all tube practice amp thing but the 1x12! I could totally run my Dual Recto through that and be able to keep it pretty low not to mention owning a Krank practice amp. But I haven't heard good things about Krank, but then again I've never played one...so a test would be needed for sure!

But I'd do it almost just for that 1x12 cab.

Comment

It's a killer looking little practice amp. Looks like it's going to be good for recording. I plan on test driving as soon as they hit the streets. I need a good practice amp for my bedroom/familyroom area. Cool stuff. I hope it sounds as good as my Rev 1

Dan

Comment

That looks badass. If it sounds good I might buy one instead of the valveking I'm thinking about

Comment

it looks cheap to me

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              it looks cheap to me

It is cheap... most tube heads around that power are ~800 plus a pair of 1x12's would be another ~450 or something

Comment

You can get an Orange Tiny Terror for under $500 and 1x12 V30 cabs for right around $200 a piece. Orange vs. Krank is a no-brainer to me.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That thing looks like a piece of crap. I hope it sounds better than it looks. Nu Metal wannabes will be playing that... At least that is the image I get in my head when I look at it. Flame on....

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                    That thing looks like a piece of crap. I hope it sounds better than it looks. Nu Metal wannabes will be playing that... At least that is the image I get in my head when I look at it. Flame on....
                    I'm with you Chris. It looks like a kitchen appliance. Now... where does the toast come out??
                    I bet that little stack comes with a free bottle of Krank black fingernail polish and a book on emotions for all the emo fags.

Comment

I'm with you Chris. It looks like a kitchen appliance. Now... where does the toast come out??
                      I bet that little stack comes with a free bottle of Krank black fingernail polish and a book on emotions for all the emo fags.
                      Man, toast AND polish too?? Im for that~!

Comment

Exactly! There are many better choices out there. Orange or Vox as Tim mentioned. Soldano Atomic 16, Sovtek MIG. Even the new Epiphone head... $99 bucks at GC.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          You can get an Orange Tiny Terror for under $500 and 1x12 V30 cabs for right around $200 a piece. Orange vs. Krank is a no-brainer to me.
                          I feel the same way. I have played a few Orange amps. I'll stick with Krank.

Dan

Comment

It looks like a Vox Valvetronix series amp. Do they look as you feel 2??

Comment

Exactly! There are many better choices out there. Orange or Vox as Tim mentioned. Soldano Atomic 16, Sovtek MIG. Even the new Epiphone head... $99 bucks at GC.
                              Better for who??

Comment

Working...
                              X