Pod 2 - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod 2 - Opinions?

I'm thinking about picking one of these up soon. They seem to be at a good price and I only have €150. I think it will be good for recording as I'm struggling to get a good distortion tone to record with without turning up. Also I might try running it as a preamp into the power section of my amp and using it live.
    What are they like? Any thing I should know about with these?
    If anyone has some clips they recorded with one that'd be sweet because I want to hear some things done with it.

I just got one and haven't really played with it much, but in my opinion, it's pretty cool. My only gripe is that if you set everything the same, there is a noticeable difference in volume between some of the amp models. For example, the Marshall stack model may actually be quieter than the Fender tweed, which makes no sense to me at all. Keep that in mind when programming because if you have a clean setting that uses a "louder" amp model than the gain, you'll jump to the gain for a solo, and nobody will hear you.

I don't think it's just a fault of the POD because I have a Digitech RP that has a similar issue.

Great little unit, though, especially for the price.

Comment

Best of the bunch, and I've had them all.

Comment

i have some killer amps in my studio...

rivera m100, s120
        vintage fender tremolux (1963)
        vintage marshall jcm800 2204, artist 3203
        mesa/boogie mark IV

guess what i record with 95% of the time?

a POD 2.0!!!!

it is just SOOO easy to use and i get some awesome tones to tape using it. i will still mic an amp, but it is very rare and usually if i am after the "signature" tone of one of the aforementioned amps.....RARELY, though because the POD gets me close enough that i am happy (VERY happy) with the way the guitar sits in the mix.

i also have a johnson j-station that is okay, but nothing super spectacular, and a couple of old rockman sustainers (a model 100 and a model 200) that will give me the boston tone (when needed), but they rarely get used either.....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The POD 2.0 is a wonderful tool to record with.I have two half stacks and play thru the POD most of the time.Its great run thru the return FX loop of a tube head.Great tones.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It sounds good so as soon as I get the money I'll order one. I'm going to get one of the 2 button footswitches and see if I can run it live.
            Any one else have anything to say about PODs?

Comment

just get the floor pod plus. unless you want the balanced outs for recording, then get the regular 2.0 .
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
              X