POD XT PRO ? $700 is this what a Vetta II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skorb View Post
    there is a head version and a combo version. I have the combo. the new ones are 300 watts for the head and 150 watts for the combo and the first gen ones are 200/100. my combo is the older, but upgraded, one, and the 100 watts are more than enough.

no 1x12.

the combo is heavy, and it's the same size as most 2x12's. but there are other combos just as big and heavy. I love mine. the only thing I really want now to make it a perfect rig is a closed back 2x12 extension cab for the heavy low end chunk, the combo open back doesn't give you that chunky compression you want with the high gain patches, and routing those patches to the closed back cab is the solution for that.

it is a fantastic amp.
    +1 I have the 212 combo (upgraded as well). I just got the FBV and it's amazing what is available on stage. The only issue I had was that one of the connectors had popped off (internally) during transit meaning the LCD display wouldn't work. Opened it up and found that Line 6 use some sort of "gunk" to secure the connectors which eventually dries and breaks. So if any of guys have problems with your FBVs, open it up and check the connections. It's pretty easy to fix.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
      Same thing? Well then i suck at programing, cause i sure heard allot of cool presets, ala the "Stones", Robin Trowers "Bridge of Sighs"... I agree...the GT-8 lets you nail AC/DC and Dokken/Wasp etc...but some of those Mp-3's are amazing on the website of Line 6 imo!
      Now i take it, the Vetta would be killer with a Kustom 4/12 cab extension, with Celestion 65's?
      I seriously hope you're not comparing them based on factory presets and mp3s. Each of them have their strengths, and some people dig one over the other, but they're designed for the same purpose. You should be able to get those tones out of both if you fiddle with it.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
        I seriously hope you're not comparing them based on factory presets and mp3s. Each of them have their strengths, and some people dig one over the other, but they're designed for the same purpose. You should be able to get those tones out of both if you fiddle with it.
        Cool...thanks!

Comment

I've had both the GT8 and PODxtl, a Tonelab too. Heck, I even have a Toneport. Anyway, I think the GT8 is best in a tube rig with an effects loops using the 3 cable method. The GT8 effects sound better than the podxtl to me. I like how you can put the GT8's loop anywhere in the chain. That's a powerfull feature. I also prefer the GT8's user interface and display. The amp models are just ok and the cab sims are lackluster.

The Podxtl works best through a Full Range Speaker and amp setup in my opinion. It also works well for direct recording. The ability to reamp recordings is nice. For me, the amp and cabinet models are better than the GT8's. The software user interface is one of the best.

As a matter of fact, the software makes it infinitly easier to create patches. I rarely turn any knobs or push any buttons on the Podxtl itself.
          Last edited by S-man; 03-11-2007, 10:36 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

One thing that you guys failed to mention about the PodXTPro is the fact that the Vetta has more options in thier effects. Also, the effect chain can be way more manipulated with the Vetta.

-Nate
            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

JG, when did you go to the vetta? I thought you were using Mesa, and also a power amp, GT8 rig?

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
                I've had both the GT8 and PODxtl, a Tonelab too. Heck, I even have a Toneport. Anyway, I think the GT8 is best in a tube rig with an effects loops using the 3 cable method. The GT8 effects sound better than the podxtl to me. I like how you can put the GT8's loop anywhere in the chain. That's a powerfull feature. I also prefer the GT8's user interface and display. The amp models are just ok and the cab sims are lackluster.

The Podxtl works best through a Full Range Speaker and amp setup in my opinion. It also works well for direct recording. The ability to reamp recordings is nice. For me, the amp and cabinet models are better than the GT8's. The software user interface is one of the best.

As a matter of fact, the software makes it infinitly easier to create patches. I rarely turn any knobs or push any buttons on the Podxtl itself.
                Sounds like for $400 the POD could be allot fun, just to mess with?
                I may join you as a dual BOSS/Pod owner soon! Im finding it hard to
                justify another Charvel, as i have some variety in the EVH Black/yel,
                and the CS HRF. Seems to have all bases covered imo

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                X