X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super-Sonic™

Any one have one of these:

http://www.fender.com/products/searc...tno=2160500400

I've tried a bunch of guitars through them, great classic clean sounds and awsome high gain.

The only improvement would be to have a 3rd channel like the Marshall TSL so you could go from clean to crunch to high gain.

Those are cool. But I would look for one of the Super Sonics they did about 4-5 years ago - they were even better.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

My bad, those were called Prosonics - killer amps!
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        My bad, those were called Prosonics - killer amps!
        They the ones with the block front/cloth? A dealer here has a nice fender tube head and I cant for the life of me remember what it is

Comment

I went out to buy one of these when they first came out, and decided against it. I guess it depends what kind of music you're going to be playing, but I was looking to buy the Supersonic to play Surf. The Vibrolux setting was great, lush old school Fender, and the gain channel was great and the "burn" channel had plenty of gain to even play metal. What put me off was that it was an open backed 1x12, so there was a serious lack of low end, and trying to dial it in just made it sound flubby. It should have been a classic fender 2x12. But, they do make the separate Supersonic head and 2x12 closed back cabinet, which actually sounded great, but at about $1500 bucks, it was a little more than I wanted to spend, plus I wanted to mobility of a combo. I wound up getting the new Kustom Coupe 72 2x12 6L6 combo instead and I've been extremely happy with it.

Comment

I like that Vibrolux sound, that's really nice
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
            X