Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to put BBE in signal chain?

Hi,
    I have one question about BBE Sonic Maximizer. I have 422A model, and in manual it says: 'BBE is process to be added before all other mixing of reverb, special effects or equalization in order to increase the clarity and intelligibility of program material.'
    But I've seen many people putting it in the very end of signal chain...What is your experience? Should I put: PREAMP-EFFECTS-BBE-POWER AMP or PREAMP-BBE-EFFECTS-POWER AMP?

Cheers

I always ran it this way: preamp>BBE>effects processor>power amp. It might be worth trying it both ways to see which you like better.

Comment

The best place to run it is in the effects loop last. If you don't use the effects loop then it's got to be the last pedal n your chain. This is what is was designed to do and be.

I have one and love it good luck with yours,

Dan

Comment

+1 in the loop and last. I have the 482i (it's been turned off in my rack for two years)

Comment

Originally posted by Cybersavior View Post
          +1 in the loop and last. I have the 482i (it's been turned off in my rack for two years)
          then why have it in the rack???

Comment

Or better yet send it to me? ill pay postage !! :-)) I have the $100
            pedal, and its the last thing right before going into my DSL 2000
            What everyone said is right...i cant stand to turn it off now! Its on
            whenever my Marshall is on!

Comment

thanx. i've tried it both ways, but wanted to know what other people think.

well, lots of tweaking ahead. i'll always say you must know your gear very well to pull most out of it

Comment

Working...
              X