Running 2 heads into 1 cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running 2 heads into 1 cab

I've got a peavey vtm60 and a crate red voodoo. I was wondering if i can use the preamp in the vtm 60 and the poweramp in the crate by running the effects out from the peavey into the effects return on the crate. Is this safe to do?

Reason i'm asking is that the low end starts farting very easily in the vtm. I know it's the poweramp because I've run other preamps into it and got the same problem.

Originally posted by mab8485 View Post
    I've got a peavey vtm60 and a crate red voodoo. I was wondering if i can use the preamp in the vtm 60 and the poweramp in the crate by running the effects out from the peavey into the effects return on the crate. Is this safe to do?
    You can do that, but you'll need both heads connected to their own cabinets. Don't run a head by itself without a load on it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You could get a Radial Headbone. It provides a dummy load for the amp that is not in use - allowing you to run 2 heads into one cab.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. The radial Headbone sounds nifty, but rather than buying anything, I guess I may as well just get a tech to take a look at the vtm and get the problem sorted.

Whats the usual cause for tube amps farting out? The power tubes? Cause they were replaced last year.

Comment

Radial makes good gear ,im going to buy a loop bone
          http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Originally posted by mab8485 View Post
            Thanks for the replies guys. The radial Headbone sounds nifty, but rather than buying anything, I guess I may as well just get a tech to take a look at the vtm and get the problem sorted.

Whats the usual cause for tube amps farting out? The power tubes? Cause they were replaced last year.
            Even new tubes can go bad quickly. Checking the tubes/fuses you always be the first thing you do when trying to diagnose an amp problem.

Comment

Working...
            X