No announcement yet.

XT Live and Variax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the Variax for picking up the little nuances of ones playing style/attack? Always wondered that...Especially heavy music where palm muting and harmonics are very pronounced.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
      How is the Variax for picking up the little nuances of ones playing style/attack? Always wondered that...Especially heavy music where palm muting and harmonics are very pronounced.
      If you are really picky about the little nuances I would stay away.
      The Variax is excellent but it doesn't catch every little thing.
      With that said.. I would have absolutely no problem with using it live and I totally intend on doing just that.

Comment

palm muting with a variax is not very good. it's doable but it doesn't properly capture the percussive attack - i found it to be a little flubby.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It would be cool to see a hybrid...Just to be able to toggle over to a pup would make it the ultimate...maybe even the ability to run both and balance between them.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

It would be cool to see a hybrid...Just to be able to toggle over to a pup would make it the ultimate...maybe even the ability to run both and balance between them.
            a lot of folks have built their own hybrids.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              palm muting with a variax is not very good. it's doable but it doesn't properly capture the percussive attack - i found it to be a little flubby.

Me too Pete but its really close to real sounding. The only thing so far that I am unimpressed with is the 12 string models. They sound synthetic to me. I love the alternate tunings and so many of the guitar models are excellent. Building custom guitars on Workbench is a blast. Having the XTL switch the guitar models automatically for me is so damn cool. I like the XTL much better than the GT-6. I actually like it as much as my Vetta.

Comment

Working...
              X