Peavey Classic 30 "Black Vinyl" Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 30 "Black Vinyl" Head?

Has anyone tried out the new Classic 30 head? I know that it's not high-gain, but a 30-watt tube head seems like the kind of amp that you could really crank up for some ballsy tone, and then use a boost if you needed to. Just curious more than anything, as I haven't seen a Classic head in years.
    sigpic

Classic 30s I believe are EL84s, which give a nice sound, but may not have enough low end punch, depending on what you're playing. For the same amount of $ or less, I'd look for maybe a used Peavey Triumph or for a few more bucks a Peavey Ultra.

Comment

I like my Triumph 60 combo a lot, but it doesn't have the footswitchable loop that you've specified in other posts. It also has shared EQ for 3 channels but that's not as bad as you'd think, you can use an outboard EQ for more flexibility if you want. Like Pete said, for a little more you can go up to an Ultra which has at least 2 separate EQs and the resonance switch. You see Ultra heads go in the $300-$400 range and Triumphs go for around $200.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X