• Show
Clear All

• ADA mp-1 I remember these from the

late 80's...and was wondering if they were still made? I remember doing
    a double take when another guy was ripping thru one, as it nailed the
    VH Brown sound. Of course this could be just a long ago memory and
    im full of sheait! Is it only available used on the bay? Or do they still
    make em? Thanks I would be running it through a 50wt DSL 2000

They are no longer made, but you can pick them up off ebay all day long. Voodoo amps also sells a nice modded one. And yes it has a great brown/marshall sound to it.

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
    late 80's...and was wondering if they were still made? I remember doing
    a double take when another guy was ripping thru one, as it nailed the
    VH Brown sound. Of course this could be just a long ago memory and
    im full of sheait! Is it only available used on the bay? Or do they still
    make em? Thanks I would be running it through a 50wt DSL 2000

Comment

I almost bought one of the ADA's last summer from a guy that had forgotten it was sitting in his garage.

Sometime soon I hope to take posession of and old set of ADA guitar cabs. They're the split 4x12 design. Somebody left the cabs at a club and almost a year later they were still there sitting in the corner. The other soundguy I partner with asked who's they were. The club owner said he didn't know and that we could take them to get them out of his way. WoooHooo free cabs.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

i own one fantastic tone,3 voicings .solid state tube clean and tube distortion.they can be modded to make them even better look here.
        www.adadepot.com
        my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

I was supposed to buy one but apparently it was never sent my way.. So I guess I'll keep searching. Meanwhile I spent my money on a Mesa Quad preamp.. But I still want an MP-1, when I have some money to spare..
          The soundtracks on the adadepot site sound absolutely wicked!
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I've had mine for 19 years and it's still the centerpiece of my rack. It has been shelved several times in the elusive search for better tone (I've had the JMP1, Triaxis, Triple Giant, Fish, and several others in there) but has always made its way back to the rack.
            It does the Marshall/Brown sound thing very well and still has the ability to go beyond that. Not long ago I was on this forum singing the praises of the Mesa Stiletto as one of the best hot rodded Marshall tones I had heard, but when I finally a/b'd it with my rack system, the ADA was able to nail all of its tones (and then some), so away it went.
            IMO the key to getting the most out of it is a good tube power amp (I use a Mesa 2:90, VHT makes some nice units as well) and a BBE unit (422A is my favorite, although I have been using the 488 lately as my 422A has become rather noisy, even after sending it in for service).

Comment

I've had an MP1 for years and years...I bought it and never got around to using it with a proper power amp.

Not too long ago I decided to put together a rack system and I got a Triaxis and a 2:50.

Anyway...digging through some old junk and I ended up finding the MP1 sitting there. Plugged that sucker into the Mesa amp, and SHIT, it roars. TO be quite honest, I can't find one tone on the Triaxis (maybe some cleans) that are any better than the ADA. Its a monster preamp, and I was miffed that I let that thing sit for 15+ years...its capable of some nice lowend, and really sounds pretty modern for its relative old age.

Comment

get a 3tm or 3.666 mod done and they are killer,fantastic stock but a modded mp-1 is so much fun.

Comment

I love my MP-1 with a Digitech TSR12 for effects and tone shaping with the EQ. I thought about getting a second MP-1 and having it modded (or finding one pre-modded) at some point.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What happened to ADA?I heard that the factory burnt down and the insurance company didn't pay for it but i might be really wrong
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

the owner gambled away all the money and it went broke

Comment

Originally posted by dinky kustom View Post
                        the owner gambled away all the money and it went broke

Smart guy
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I've been using one for years. Works great with a Mesa 20/20.

Comment

I had one back in the late 80's. I ran it with an ADA Bipolar Power amp. It was the shit back in the day. I knew many guys that ran them with a JCM 800. They sounded really good that way soI would think your setup would be pretty rockin with the DSL.

Comment

I just aquired one with the Midi foot pedal board. An awesome machine that it is. I'm running it through my VHT 2/90/2 and the BBE 482i. I'm going to send it off to Voodoo amps and get the deluxe mod. Should be more fun at hand.
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X