Crate BV120-H Halfstack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate BV120-H Halfstack

I have the older 90's model Crate Blue VooDoo 120 watt head, with blue tolex, gold Crate logo on grill, and the blue coloring above the knobs, along with a matching Blue VooDoo cab with 16ohm Vintage 30's. I also have a Sonic Stomp if I feel like getting a little more ass end out of the amp. I use monster cables for speaker and instrument cables.

My Jackson is the new snow white DK2M with DiMarzio pickups. Tone Zone in the bridge position and Air Norton in the neck.

And now for the picture (which is low quality because I took it on my little brothers crap cam)

I have the exact same thing, but with a marshall cab with g12t75s. I know the sonic maximizer makes the amp sound better, but put it with a boss GE-7 in the loop (with the BBE), or another EQ i suppose and it sounds balls out fantastic! I have a PS-2 with a tone zone in the bridge but I have never played it through the crate. I keep the PS-2 at home. I play it normally with a warrior with EMG 81/85. Fantastic i tells ya! I don't experiment with different amps or effects very often, cuz my rig sounds better than every one elses that i know! I know a lot of amps probably sound better but with this setup, you get awesome sound for little money!

Comment

I don't know many people!

Comment

I'm getting my filter caps replaced this week then my amp will be able to fully compete with my lead guitarists H&K Duotone. One of my jacks wasn't working on the cab so I took it apart and found this

so I soldered the broken jack (which was labeled LEFT) and plug into it and nothing happens. I plug into the jack labeled OUT and all 4 speakers are working great! I plug into the RIGHT jack (which was the one I was using and only getting to use the 2 right speakers) and all 4 work there!

I'm thinking about getting an upgraded output transformer for the BV head.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerbut View Post
          I have the exact same thing, but with a marshall cab with g12t75s. I know the sonic maximizer makes the amp sound better, but put it with a boss GE-7 in the loop (with the BBE), or another EQ i suppose and it sounds balls out fantastic! I have a PS-2 with a tone zone in the bridge but I have never played it through the crate. I keep the PS-2 at home. I play it normally with a warrior with EMG 81/85. Fantastic i tells ya! I don't experiment with different amps or effects very often, cuz my rig sounds better than every one elses that i know! I know a lot of amps probably sound better but with this setup, you get awesome sound for little money!
          Yes, I quickly discovered a BBE does indeed work VERY well in the loop of a Crate BV!!

The Crate BV doesn't get much love here..but I think they are fuggin' AWESOME compared to a Krank!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Yes, I quickly discovered a BBE does indeed work VERY well in the loop of a Crate BV!!

The Crate BV doesn't get much love here..but I think they are fuggin' AWESOME compared to a Krank!!!
            Don't know anything about Krank, but I loved my Blue Voodoo, and I loved it even more after adding a BBE because Bill said to!

Keith
            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

The Sonic Stomp sure does make things go boom! I might be scoring a nice older/better upgraded output transformer for my BV head for about $75 or less that a guy bought from Mercury Magnetics. Man, I can't wait to get this shit done!

Comment

Originally posted by Blastbeat View Post
                The Sonic Stomp sure does make things go boom! I might be scoring a nice older/better upgraded output transformer for my BV head for about $75 or less that a guy bought from Mercury Magnetics. Man, I can't wait to get this shit done!
                I haven't tried the Sonic Stomp..but after toying with many models of BBE and conferring with them on the phone since the 80's..my favorite BBE unit are the 422 or 422a..

But I did try the neweer 462 unit at the store and the Crate 120BV immdiately took to it very well..so good, it actually sold the amp, they were on the fence about it until a BBE unit was throw in the loop..my idea..and I didn't get any comission at GC!!

Like I always stated the BBE is NOT a one size fits all unite some amps hate them such as my Recto and Uberschall but some really love them such as my 5150's and Marshall Rack..I discovered that Crate and BBE was a good combination at the store..

An amp will let you know immediately if it takes to the BBE or not..

Bill Z
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I really like my old BV60H with its pair of upgraded KT66 tubes. I don't really need the amp for home use, as I've got other amps and a Boss GT8, but it does sound very good.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love my BV120H for sure!!! It's the new model, black tolex, great amp

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                      I love my BV120H for sure!!! It's the new model, black tolex, great amp

I want that exact amp, how much did it cost?
                      www.myspace.com/memnochband
                      www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Working...
                      X