No announcement yet.

Peavey XXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mistake, they discontinued the combo version of the tm300.

Comment

Ah, I didn't even know they made a combo version of that.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Szostak View Post
        Ayee, I'd definetly be using it to gig, that's my only purpose for a half-stack....
        Besides that, maybe i'll try one, maybe not ... looking at all that is said, it looks like i'd need a few pedals to make this thing sound excellent.
        BTW iced, nice set-up there !
        Thanks Szostak . Let us know what you end up with. In terms of pedals, the ultra channel actually has a decent amount of gain... nothing I would put an OD in front of.

Comment

I picked up one for my son on e-bay a few months back. you can get them used for about $250 shipped if you watch the bay for a while.

I've read other people say it's one of the better SS amps out there, my son likes it for what he plays. Probably a good used amp to buy if you're stepping up but can't afford the $500-600 right now for a tube amp. The XXL can become your BU then later.

I wouldn't pay the $600 they ask for new for one though, too close to the price you can get a good tube amp

Comment

Originally posted by Szostak View Post
            Those also spiked my curiosity as they're mentioned numerous times on this board... Without mentioning prices, is that head WAAAYYY above the XXL's price range?

Thanks for the input, everyone.
            That's difficult to answer... here in Germany we get our ENGLs relatively cheap.
            I paid 650€ for my XXL in 2003 and 1000€ for my Fireball in 2005 (both new).

Oh wait, you didn't want me to mention prices... well the XXL price was 65% of the Fireball.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Alright, thanks for all the input, but my budget was just cut down severely
              I was planning on buying an entire half-stack, but i can only afford a cab now. Sorry to change the subject by a mile, but can Line 6 combos connect to cabs? (2x12 to be exact)
              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Working...
              X