No announcement yet.

From amp headphone jack to home stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From amp headphone jack to home stereo?

I did a search function and can't believe I couldn't find that this question has already been asked.

Can I go from the 1/4" headphone jack on the back of my Peavey to the RCA input on the back of my home stereo? I see that they make this type of cable. Anyone tried this with any success?

I guess I would just like one more way to piss off my old lady to hear my sloppy shit in pro logic surround!

I would only do that with a line level signal, not a headphone out.
    Unless you really hate your stereo, in which case, I say go for it.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      I would only do that with a line level signal, not a headphone out.
      Unless you really hate your stereo, in which case, I say go for it.
      Dagnabbit.

Thanks for the info though!

Comment

Not saying you can't do it. You would have to be very careful of the signal level and it would most likely sound like ass.
        I'm guilty of doing that a few times myself.

The problem is if you overload the input, you can fry it.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Not saying you can't do it. You would have to be very careful of the signal level and it would most likely sound like ass.
          I'm guilty of doing that a few times myself.

The problem is if you overload the input, you can fry it.
          I don't want to jack up my stereo.

When I turn up my amp that has a single 10" speaker, it farts on the low end.

I've also got a computer in my jam room now so I'm trying to connect the guitar to the computer then to the stereo.

Comment

save up and get a new amp

home stereos are NOT designed to be used with guitars, and this will most likely sound like complete ass.
            www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Originally posted by guitar08man View Post
              save up and get a new amp

home stereos are NOT designed to be used with guitars, and this will most likely sound like complete ass.
              But if it were to sound good through headphones, then why would a home stereo speaker be any different?

I'm thinking about hooking up the radio transmit thingy from my Ipod to the headphone jack, then I can use the fm tuner on my stereo. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

Since your guitar amp is designed for a full-range speaker, but your stereo has tweeters, your amp's headphone signal may sound pretty crappy coming through those tweeters. Maybe not, but maybe so. Might even hurt your tweeters in a worst case scenario, but hey, you can replace them, right?

Or you could buy a used Peavey Transtube with a 12" speaker for $100 or so...
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

lerxstcat speaketh the truth.

Comment

If you really want to use your home stereo, You can always get a pod or Digitech RP model, which are designed to play thru a home stereo, does require some cables/adapters
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

as the line 6 guitarport and several other pieces of equipment...

guitars sound great thru strero systems, as logn as there is some sort of pre-amp/emulation before it reaches the stereo.

Comment

Working...
                      X