problems with POD 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with POD 2.0

Whenever i plug my POD into the line in of my soundcard and record something, I get signal drops and highs. Most of the time the signal will be very low when I start recording and then increase to full as the recording progresses.

This does not happen when I play the POD through my amp. This does also not happen when i record something with a mic through the computer.

Anyone had similar experiences and know how to fix it?

Thanx a mil
    /Thor

try swapping the cable you're using from the pod to the PC - sounds like that could be the issue, or it could be the line input, since you said it doesn't happen with a microphone.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
      try swapping the cable you're using from the pod to the PC - sounds like that could be the issue, or it could be the line input, since you said it doesn't happen with a microphone.

Pete
      it ain't the cable. i tried another one. but if it's the line input it means that the soundcard is fucked. and the soundcard is built into the motherboard. that ain't no good.

Comment

Maybe you just need to shoot a little contact cleaner into the line input and plug and unplug the cable several times to clean it. It may be oxidized. If that doesn't work, yeah, sounds like a problem.

If that's the case, mic the amp with the POD running into it. Not optimum, but it'll work.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah, since it records fine with a microphone it must be something in the connection between the POD and the soundcard. What output are you using from the POD? I use the "Left" output in direct mode. I've never used the headphone output, but it might make a difference. Also, try using a different 1/4" to 1/8" converter.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            Yeah, since it records fine with a microphone it must be something in the connection between the POD and the soundcard. What output are you using from the POD? I use the "Left" output in direct mode. I've never used the headphone output, but it might make a difference. Also, try using a different 1/4" to 1/8" converter.
            I also use the left output. Good point about the 1/4" to 1/8" converter, I'll grab a new one and see if that'll help.

But aren't there any settings in the computer that might be the problem? Like "volume swell option" or something?

Comment

There's no Volume Swell option. For a built-in sound card, I seriously doubt it has any sort of Compression either.

Rather than chaining 1/4" to 1/8" adaptors which weigh down the fragile (cheap) components of a sound card, hit the i-Pod accessory rack and get a cable that has stereo 1/8" plugs on either end. They're lightweight and won't stress the card's connector.

Or get a real soundcard like a SoundBlaster. Those "built-in" AC-97 things are like the pots on a Jackson import - just good enough to get you started, but if you intend to use it you're going to want to upgrade it.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You should be able to disable the sound card on your motherboard then install another one. Depending on what you want, sounds don't have to cost a lot.

Originally posted by Thoraby View Post
                it ain't the cable. i tried another one. but if it's the line input it means that the soundcard is fucked. and the soundcard is built into the motherboard. that ain't no good.
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I actually had a Sound Blaster card, but I fried it when I sent a too strong signal through the line in. It was awesome - not.

Comment

Working...
                  X