Making a pedal board. Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a pedal board. Need help.

OK. After relying on Line 6 products for 10 + years I have decided to branch out a bit and add a tube amp with a pedal board to the lineup. The problem is I don't know how to attach the pedals to the board. I just want to put them on a piece of wood, like so:

I feel so silly asking this, having played for so lone, but I really don't know how it's done.

Velcro is the first thing that comes to mind. But is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

When I used pedals, I used Velrco with abrasive backside. Really, it's simple, easy and strong.

If you go for Velcro, make sure you clean the surfaces good before applying the tape and don't put it directly on raw wood.

I'd like to see what the other members are doing to secure their pedals.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Most go the velcro route. I go one step further: I custom made my pedalboard, and adhered to the top surface, indoor/outdoor carpetting, which has a nap much like the fuzzy side of velcro (the loop side). Then, I attached portions of the hook side (the rough side of velcro) to the underside of all my pedals. It looks a bit more pro, that way, and works wonderfully. You can actually buy pedalboards set up the same way.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Yeah I put the one side of the velcro all over the top of the board too, that way you can add stuff and rearrange it later if you want. Smart choice on making your own, you'll save a lot of money!

PS. are you an Eric Johnson fan? I notice your pedalboard has a lot of the same stuff his did when I saw him a few years ago, even those funny little switchboxes that broke on him in the middle of his set!

Comment

Yes I am an Eric Johnson fan. This is actually a pic of his pedal board.

Comment

They must be some sort of A/B switches.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

I'm kinda surprised the Eric "Mr. Anal" Johnson has a tangled mess like that for a pedalboard. lol

I use velcro for my pedals. Also, check out the Furman Pedalboard....it is a really nice board and has onboard power. I thought it was a bargain when it was $250....last time I checked it was $199 and that is an absolute steal IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                Yeah I put the one side of the velcro all over the top of the board too, that way you can add stuff and rearrange it later if you want. Smart choice on making your own, you'll save a lot of money!

PS. are you an Eric Johnson fan? I notice your pedalboard has a lot of the same stuff his did when I saw him a few years ago, even those funny little switchboxes that broke on him in the middle of his set!
                That's how I did mine, I bought a big roll or the 2 inch wide non sticky back Velcro at a craft store and used some of the Velcro brand glue and attached it all over the board.
                I can put my pedals any where I want them. I use to own an SBK board but I found that it didn't have quite enough room and I didn't like the power supply. I like the VooDoo lab Pedal Power II much better.

Comment

Velcro for mine too..though I really have to redo the entire thing. Covering the entire top of the board with velcro does sound like a good idea, so maybe I will try that!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                    Most go the velcro route. I go one step further: I custom made my pedalboard, and adhered to the top surface, indoor/outdoor carpetting, which has a nap much like the fuzzy side of velcro (the loop side). Then, I attached portions of the hook side (the rough side of velcro) to the underside of all my pedals. It looks a bit more pro, that way, and works wonderfully. You can actually buy pedalboards set up the same way.
                    That's how mine is. Works great - I actually had to re-glue part of the carpet because I didn't glue it well enough and I ripped it off while trying to remove a pedal! Velcro can generate some serious holding force...
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Well I have votes for Velcro and indoor outdoor carpet with velcro.

Anything else? Anybody else wanna vote?

Comment

Yeah...I vote for a multi-effects/modeler and about 300 feet less wire.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I actually did the individual pedal route for awhile, now I'm using a multifx. Boss GT8, but it's highly dependent on the quality of your fx loop. The GT8 allows you to run some effects before and some after the preamp (you get to choose) so I can put wah and boost pedals before the amp, and all my time stuff like delays and choruses/etc in the loop.

I don't think the GT8 sounds as good as individual pedals, but it's good enough for live work and it's a built in backup if my amp blows. I've started taking a Mosvalve power amp that if I did suffer a tube amp issue, could just run the GT8 into it into my 4x12 and mic it.

Hey Mark, when are you coming to Tulsa again? We found a few new venues to play, hitting them three times next month. I sure miss Kenosha though!

Pete

Comment

Working...
                          X