Migration from Vetta combo to 1/2 stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration from Vetta combo to 1/2 stack

Hey guys and gals....I currently own a Vetta I 1/2 stack upgraded to 2.0.....yeah yeah yeah...I know I need the 2.5. I have been contimplating a 1/2 stack.. But my question is.....should I invest in a head with a 2 or 4x12? I love the combo and all of the tones I get but would love some more headroom. I imagine the head and the 4x12 really sounds killer. So I dont play out anymore but hey.....shaking the neighbors house would be cool too.....any of you done this before and noticed an improvement?....opinions??

Home use? The answer is easy. Nothing less that two 4x12's will do!

"Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

AH....justification....thats all I needed ....anyone else?

Comment

I agree on the 4x12, exspecially if you love deep heavy chunk

Comment

Get a 2 x 12 closed back extension cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Get a 2 x 12 closed back extension cabinet.
            To extend the combo or to use with the head?

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
              To extend the combo or to use with the head?
              To extend the combo

Comment

I just did this, combo with extension cabinet. I thought I had all the bases covered with wattage, ohms, inputs, etc.

8 ohms per speaker, v30s, 2x12, two inputs.

I get it home and I discover that one of the inputs can/is used as an output. Basically, the speakers are wired parallel, and as soon as I plug into one, the other input becomes an output. Of course, the Vetta has two outputs, a left and a right, in normal mode. In split stereo mode you only use one output, so I shouldn't have a probelm.

What am I losing without the second input on my speaker cabinet?

Also, split stereo mode is supposed to allow 2 amps at once, one amp model to each cabinet, correct?

Sorry to hijack the thread, quakana.

Comment

No problem bro! I think I'll just blow some cash and go for the 1/2 stack......Fuggit

Comment

Working...
                  X