my new mini rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new mini rack

I have built a small rack for gigging small venues with.

Korg DTR1000
    ADA MP-1
    TC G-MAJOR
    MARSHALL 20/20

I should be able to get some great tones out of this kit right... and I do, but seem to fight with feedback quite frequently. Do I need to use the noise gate more liberally?

It looks like a good and basic rig! Feedback can occur because of a number of things, and using the noisegate isn´t really a proper solution even if it might cut off the feedback. That´s kinda like treating the symptoms instead of the disease itself. I always suspect the preamp tubes first, so check them out and see if they´re healthy and hasn´t gone microphonic on you.

Comment

MP-1 wise the gains are set to 5.5 on each OD channel if this helps...

Comment

Well, if I remember correctly those are by no means extreme gain settings for a MP1... you shouldn´t get any extraordinary problems with feedback dialing it in that way. Like I said - check the preamp tubes, they might sound fine but still be microphonic.

Comment

Could also be your pickups, or you need to face the crowd instead of the amp?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

well they are evos

Comment

Working...
            X