Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line6 Pod Pro

It's my lucky day!
    A guitar store in town is changing locations so they're having a major sale.
    I dropped by today just to see what they had and I saw a Line6 Pod Pro (that's the rack-mountable Pod-thingy) along with a floorboard going for something like $300, circa roughly.
    I have to go to the bank to take out the money (forgot my card-code again), but I had a guy behind the counter set the Pod Pro and floorboard aside for me and stick a post-it note saying "SOLD" to it.
    Really cool for me, this'll be perfect for a home-studio setup and I really wanted to share this moment with you, I really feel like it's my lucky day

Your thoughts on the Pod Pro then? I'm sure some of you have tons of experience with these thingies

BTW here's a link with some info on the Pod Pro just in case anyone are wondering what the Hell I'm so excited about:
    www.line6.com/products/detail/3/

Rock on!
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

By the way, this is not the Pod XT Pro, it's it's predecessor, the Pod Pro. However I read in another thread here that some people dislike certain sounds in the XT line. Why? Is the sound really that much different?

Comment

Hmm.. Not one on the forum ever tried one of these? What a bummer.. I had some questions regarding downloads and stuff. Guess I should ask somewhere else then

Comment

A friend of mine has recorded several albums with that original POD Pro, and he seems really happy with it both in the studio and on tour. It´s apparently a great do-it-all piece of gear, and from what I´ve heard it sounds good.

Comment

You'll love it if you're into Line 6 gear. I had one that I used with a SS poweramp into 2 Marshall 1936 2x12 cabs. Best setup I've ever had. Enjoy it!

Comment

Thanks. I'm wondering if it's possible to run just the effects through an amp, apparently the closest thing is to run the "tube preamp" model, it should be pretty clean like that. Very good effects for the money! Yes, the amp simulations aren't bad, but I'm convinced a cranked and modded MP-1 has some of the most wicked hi-gain sounds you can get from a preamp
            Would be cool to use the Pod Pro as an effects unit of some sort and the MP-1 as a main preamp.

Comment

I had the Pod Pro when it first came out. I tried to use it live but it hated my tube power amp and 5150 cab. It was a feedback nightmare at stage vols and patches had lag between them. I had high hopes but in the end I had to eBay it. A guy from South Africa who was a summer camp counselor in International Falls, MN bought it for studio gear.

Comment

IMO the pod pro sounds better than the XT pro's-i know of a certain swedish player who used Podpros on tour and she sounds amazing.I have had one myself and have recorded with it many times with great results.In fact its being used as a bass preamp at rehearsals with my band as i(and the other)guitarist use Digitech 2120 preamps these days and i have to say the bass tones are KILLLER.Its a real jack of all trades.My only letdown with it is its Solid state harmonics rather than tube preamp harmonic overtones that other preamps have.Its a minor issue realy as i was happy for years with it and can still easily play using it>the in bulit FX are realy good too!reverb is fine and the noise gate is perfect

Comment

+1 I have pod pro in my rack and and pod v2 for live use. Regretfully upgraded the bean to XT but had nothing but problems so back to the old faithful, the singer is relieved as he scorned the new sounds.

The XT has great wah tones though, something i have never achieved on the v2 software.

Comment

Working...
                  X