No announcement yet.

Ugly speaker fart sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha, I've actually been somewhat worried about it...whenever I turn it on it does sound like it gives the tone this "metallic" quality...I thought it might just be me not using the right frequencies. Haha.

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

yeah, I was seeking somethng to replace my furman and grabbed one. I figured it looked nice and all professional etc, and it had all the stuff I wanted, 4-5 bands etc. But jeez, as soon as I swapped the thing in, I was like YUK!

And then I had Bill/Horns listen, without seeing what I was doing/swapping in and out. And he immediately agreed it sucked major ass. Just being in the loop was crapful.

In the words of Pete/Twister, it was truly a tone Coffin.

You may have other issues, but that thing is not helping I assure you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
        yeah, I was seeking somethng to replace my furman and grabbed one. I figured it looked nice and all professional etc, and it had all the stuff I wanted, 4-5 bands etc. But jeez, as soon as I swapped the thing in, I was like YUK!

And then I had Bill/Horns listen, without seeing what I was doing/swapping in and out. And he immediately agreed it sucked major ass. Just being in the loop was crapful.

In the words of Pete/Twister, it was truly a tone Coffin.

You may have other issues, but that thing is not helping I assure you.
        This is true..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's a shame...I know from hearing you folks talk that a lot of Behringer stuff is crap...and usually it reflects in the price. This one I have looked nice, had the things I wanted, and was priced within the range of other nice ones...and even from the manual sounds really nice and professional...but if you all agree it's terrible, I probably should get something different. Damn it...back to ebay it goes, haha.

Cheers,
          Nick

Can you recommend me a good stereo one? I'd rather not have to buy two Rane's to work in my rack; although that'd look cool, I don't have the money for two of them.
          Last edited by Misanthrope189; 10-25-2006, 03:20 PM.

Comment

My peavey 110 started farting last night. I don't think my speaker is busted, I think I had it scooped a bit much and turned way up.

It is really prominent when I mute an E string down stroke. Is that when you get it too?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
              My peavey 110 started farting last night. I don't think my speaker is busted, I think I had it scooped a bit much and turned way up.

It is really prominent when I mute an E string down stroke. Is that when you get it too?
              Stop feeding it beans!!!
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Haha, yeah, that's when I get it most, muting the E string. I do get it all the way up to the G string, though. Also, when I played through my Peavey 112 Combo, I've been able to distort the speaker a lot because the amp could put out more than the one speaker could hold. Here, I have the amp into an attentuator, so the volume is still low, and I don't ever use heavily scooped sounds, I always have a good amount of mids in the mix.

Cheers,
                Nick

Comment

Working...
                X