Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling Diezel owners

I'm ready to go all out, and buy my dream amp...the Herbert

But I'm having a slightly hard time deciding on which cab to go with it...it's probably going to be a 4x12", and the one I tried the amp with was a straight, closed-back, Orange 4x12" with V30's. That setup sounded great to me, but I can't be seen on stage with that ugly orange colored cab
    So I'm thinking of going with the Diezel 4x12" with V30's...this should sound very similar to the Orange cab right?

Anyway, the question is, have any of you tried the Diezel cab with "Diezel Custom Speakers" ?

I know it's hard to explain tone with words, but this boutique amp business isn't easy to try before buy...I'm lucky to have tried the amp!

thanks,

- Rune.

www.vadercabinets.com

exxxcccelllennnt

Comment

lot of Diezel owners on the JCF!

anyway...I talked to the Norwegian Diezel distributor today, he said they don't stock the Diezel cabs, but rather use the Bogner V30 cabs, he claimed they are made by the same guy/factory...can any of you verify this claim?

Comment

I have a Bogner 4x12 slant cab with V30's and it kicks much ass. I don't know about where deizel cabs are built but I've heard that several mfg's have their cabs built but the same vendor(s), just branded differently
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cool, thanks Shawn

I might just have to go for that one...they are talking grand total of $5590...and that's without the midi controller!!
          I think my VISA just crapped its pants

Comment

I'm a Diezel dealer and may be able to save you some money on the head and controller. The cab will be too expensive to ship though.

Get in touch if you're interested!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
            35 Pleasant St
            Weymouth MA 02190 USA
            781-335-0700
            www.mattsmusic.com
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

it's pretty amazing/stupid if they ship it from Germany to the States and sell it cheaper than to the country "next door"...but you have PM

Comment

I'd recommend the Diezel frontloaded 4X12 w/ V30s. I've tried the Custom Diezel speakers from Eminence speakers, but I liked the V30s better. It sounds killer with my Herbert.

Comment

^I just posted this same info in another thread - I'll post it here too. I have a Herbert and the 412R cab as well as a Bogner Uberkab. While the Diezel cab sounds good. I personally like the uberkab better with the Herbert. I had to add poly-fiber batting to the inside of the Diezel cab to cut some of the bright, shrill though. The uberkab already has the batting inside.

The cabs are vitually identical. The only differences are the speakers, the grill cloth and the logos.

Comment

Working...
                  X