Ibanez DDL Delay 3 pedal - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez DDL Delay 3 pedal - any good?

Some dude is selling an Ibanez DDL Delay 3 delay-pedal (long name, I know), apparently Gary Moore used this pedal sometime during his "heavier" years. Anyone here tried it? Is it any good? I'll be using it with an ADA MP-1 preamp if I buy it by the way, don't know if that has anything to say but I'll mention it anyway, you never know
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

I used to have one... great pedal.
    Sold it on ebay last year... got $100 for it.
    Now I wish I kept it.
    -Rick

Comment

I believe Gary used two - one for general delay and the other to kick in for that big, slow repeat on those climactic notes at the end of solos

On the gear page on his website, there used to be a pic which showed where his favourite settings had been marked on each pedal in permanent ink.

I still have mine & really like it. Although I haven't used it in ages - the switch is a bit finicky, and I just use the delays built into my AX1500G now anyway
      Hail yesterday

Comment

What's it like when used with a preamp like the MP-1? I guess what I should really be asking is; Pedal-delay vs. rackmounted delay?
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          On the gear page on his website, there used to be a pic which showed where his favourite settings had been marked on each pedal in permanent ink.
          Where did you find the gear page on his site? I've been wanting to know what effects he uses for his reverb/delay.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I haven't checked his site in a long time, but there used to be a rudimentary page that showed some of his guitars, his pedal board, a couple of amps. I actually wanted to see his old C/J's, Hamers, etc but they were nowhere to be seen.

Last time I was there, it looks like they'd taken all of that stuff down.
            Last edited by VitaminG; 10-11-2006, 11:41 PM.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X