No announcement yet.

Boss MT2 Metalzone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a rule of thumb..SS amps always had enough distortion already such as the old Randalls for example..so that's correct for the most part...I think

If you want a decent distortion/overdrive stomp..you can't go wrong with any of the tried and true old standards..like the Boss, DS-1, OD-1, the TS9's and the ones before that ..the 808's I think..but I really do like that Korg Hyper Distortion..something about that one I really do like..

I hear good things about the Maxons..but never tried one.

You must use your own ears to hear what sounds best to you..I know some folks that LOVE the Metal Zone and it works good for them..even tho it sounded harsh when I bought one.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The Metal Zone sounds good at low level home playing but it is too harsh and thin for live use. It doesn't matter if the amp is SS or tube.
      Probably the worst tone I ever had live was when I was using a Metal Zone. I used it for 1 gig... and 1 gig only.

Comment

I wouldn't use a MZ for my distortion sound, but I wonder how well it would work as a boost (gain on 0). That pedal does have a powerful EQ (for a distortion box).

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
          I wouldn't use a MZ for my distortion sound, but I wonder how well it would work as a boost (gain on 0). That pedal does have a powerful EQ (for a distortion box).
          its too overpowering to use for boost. I wouldn't suggest it.

Comment

MT2 + GE7 = great tone
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              its too overpowering to use for boost. I wouldn't suggest it.
              Reb Beach used MZ as a booster, he sounded awsome.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

OK I am going to try the MI Audio TubeZone Overdrive.

Thanks guys!
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  Reb Beach used MZ as a booster, he sounded awsome.
                  Pat O'Brien from Cannibal Corpse also uses it as a booster with his Rectos (I think he uses both Dual and Triple models).
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X