My 50's Danelectro Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 50's Danelectro Amp

I drove by one at 7:30 and they said come back at 8. I almost didn't but I did and look what I found for $20. :ROTF: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/3161/dano001.jpghttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/3161/dano002.jpg
    Last edited by fett; 10-07-2006, 12:44 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

ummmm.... what did you find?

Comment

It's a whopper!!!! The 6l6 Tubes date to 1943. But I'm sure it's a little newer than that. Click that long line under both "photobucket"s and you will see.:ROTF: :ROTF: My point is, I almost didn't go back. I was the first one there and picked the amp right up. It was the only item without a price sticker. "How much?", I ask. She said; "The men will be right back." They came right back. I asked the nice man; "How much do you want for this?" He said; "What will you give me?" I said; "$20?" He said; "OK". It was great.:ROTF: :ROTF:
      Last edited by fett; 10-07-2006, 01:33 PM.

Comment

You lucky lucky bastard!! And I bet you couldn't get out of there fast enough once you handed the cash over could you?
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I love vintage stuff so much. This guy in my college class has the Gibson keyboard that is the same exact model that The Doors used for that Light My Fire song. He also has this "The Ventures" signiture guitar from like 1965. He has awesome vintage stuff. Cool amp, how does it sound?

Comment

I took it outside to fire it up. The power cord had been inside the cab for decades. Checked it out for breaks. Plugged it in. It worked. It needs a good going over, but it didn't blow up. YET!!!!!:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: It has the original footswitch, and it's made of wood.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Nice score!!! Garage sales rule.

Comment

I know about garage sales ...

I got this Leslie 825 cab w/400 watt pre-amp REALLY CHEAP !!!

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm too embarrassed to say ...

Good score my friend !!
                Last edited by heartfielder; 10-07-2006, 02:50 PM.

Comment

On the drive by, they had stuff on the lawn that was of little interest. When I went back, they had a "Mens Section" a little higher up the way. Golf clubs and tools. And there was the AMP. I'm too experienced to cream my jeans and show excitement. But, once I grabbed it I didn't let go until the very nice lady stashed it for me until the men came back.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: He drove a hard bargain.

Comment

Now, that's a cool little amp. Great score!

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for making it right, Toe. I'm am so stupid when it comes to posting pics.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Look at the scrotum on that tranny.:ROTF: :ROTF: That's a 12inch speaker. It's all stock.
                      Last edited by fett; 10-07-2006, 03:26 PM.

Comment

sweet deal man!!

Comment

Congrats, now sell it and buy a real guitar
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Congrats, now sell it and buy a real guitar
                            That little pup just paid for my airfare to Oakland to see my son and I will still have some leftover.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              Click that long line under both "photobucket"s and you will see.
                              I see you added that long line after my post.

Comment

Working...
                              X