Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone hear anything about mesa discontinuing the rectifiers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    Speaking of the Triple, this is kinda OT, but I never understood its purpose. Who needs that kind of volume? I would think most people needing that much volume would be miking through the P.A. anyway?
    It's not volume, it's headroom. The Triple actually sounds different than a Dual - it's got a tighter bottom end, and the cleans are a tad better, too, IMO.

*Proud Triple user*
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by eaeolian View Post
      It's not volume, it's headroom. The Triple actually sounds different than a Dual - it's got a tighter bottom end, and the cleans are a tad better, too, IMO.

*Proud Triple user*
      How is that much headroom beneficial?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
        How is that much headroom beneficial?
        Apparently you've never seen how easily a 100 watt tube amp can break up at stage volumes, especially with a hot pickup. If you want a loud clean tone, that extra pair of output tubes is a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          Apparently you've never seen how easily a 100 watt tube amp can break up at stage volumes, especially with a hot pickup. If you want a loud clean tone, that extra pair of output tubes is a big help.
          Apparently you play arenas... it's hard enough getting a 50 watt amp pushed that hard at most venues, let alone a 100 watt amp or a 150 watt one. I used to get yelled at playing a freakin' univalve cranked on stage with a 4x12!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
            I used to get yelled at playing a freakin' univalve cranked on stage with a 4x12!

Pete
            Yeah, the 15-watt Univalve is pretty damn loud! I cranked mine through a 4x12 in my cousin's basement. Everyone in the house could hear me clearly upstairs, and even outside in the yard!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Personally I don't like the "Break up" sound in general, so the extra head room is good for me. Too many times I end up in a situation where I have to use the amp without micing and when the double kicks are flying you need that kind of volume. Big difference playing extreme metal with lots of fast drumming than other rock/metal.

I like my XXX at 50%-60% volume max...Then there really isn't much difference in actual volume after that point, just a lot more flatulation lol
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

They are only producing purple rectos from now on

Comment

Working...
                X