Needing some advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing some advice...

I'm currently using a Mesa/Boogie Quad preamp and would simply like to get away from rack gear and go for either a head or combo amp. Don't get me wrong, the tone I'm getting now is PERFECT! But, for what I do the rack situation just isn't practical. I only use the top row of controls on the quad (which I understand is based on the Mark IIC series), and love the clean and gain sounds it gets. My problem is that I need to know what is comparable in terms of tone to what I'm running now. Two amps I'm looking at are the Mark II or Mark IV. What are the differences in the Mark II, Mark IIC, and C+? Also, would the Mark IV be something worth checking out? Any other suggestions would be fine, but I'm really looking into a Mesa.

why mess with something you claim is PERFECT for you?

I'm not in the know on all the Mesa/Boogies but I have a DC-5.

Also check out the boggie board http://www.grailtone.com/forum/index.php

shawnlutz.com

Comment

You might want to check out a Mark III as well. Great amps.

Comment

If you tone is perfect, stick with what you have.

Comment

Put down the guitar and eat some Pussy..

Then all is good..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Why is a rack not practical? A 4-space rack is basically the same size as a head and will hold a preamp and reasonable power amp. If you really dig your tone don't just throw it away. You might find that even another Quad doesn't sound like THAT Quad. You don't want to learn that after you've sold it for something else and can't get it back.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

+1 lerx...

I have a compact 4 space rack. My wah, midi foot controller, and everything else fit inside too when it's time to pack up, so it's actually more convenient than most 50+ watt heads, & it does true stereo.

Comment

Ok, so I've decided to keep what I've got Thanks for showing me the light guys. Guess it was just an urge to change things up a little, but man, the tone I'm getting right now is IT! I'd definitely hate to switch to something else that didn't sound as good for whatever reason.

Comment

Why would i put down the guitar, she can sit on my face and i can still play while eating! Two of my favorite things at once, you cant go wrong.

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  Put down the guitar and eat some Pussy..

Then all is good..

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                    Why would i put down the guitar, she can sit on my face and i can still play while eating! Two of my favorite things at once, you cant go wrong.
                    Never tried that one yet..I will now...thanks to you!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

dual rectifier will fix it all!

Comment

Working...
                      X