Ibanez V Maxon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez V Maxon

Right im looking at getting a booster for my 5150 ive heard the maxon OD 808 is supposed to be awsome but is there much difference between this & the Ibanez Tubescreamer/OD808 the maxon pedals are quite hard to find to buy in the UK but theres plenty of Ibanez.

the maxon is better to me. seems cleaner sounding than the ibanez. look on ebay for maxon. plenty of them there.

Comment

Maxon has way more useable gain, as well as a much sweeter midrange

Comment

My advice? Buy TS-7 ToneLok and send it to AnalogMan and have him mod it to TS-808 specs. Better sounding than any stock unit, and not too far away from the Maxon in price.
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevermore View Post
          Right im looking at getting a booster for my 5150 ive heard the maxon OD 808 is supposed to be awsome but is there much difference between this & the Ibanez Tubescreamer/OD808 the maxon pedals are quite hard to find to buy in the UK but theres plenty of Ibanez.
          I use both the Maxon OD808 and the reissue Ibanez TS808 in a custom A/B true bypass unit built by "Loooper"
          And I can say that both pedals sound equially great but the main difference seems that the Maxon has a little more low mids than the Ibanez, not saying that it sounds better, it just has a slitely different tone than the Ibanez that sounds good with some of my guitars.
          It really just depends on which pedal sounds best with which guitar you're useing at the time.

Comment

Working...
          X