Crate power block $99 at MF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate power block $99 at MF

Musicians Friend is blowing these out for $99 free shipping. They are due in mid october. I picked one up just to mess around with. I figured it might be a good match for the V-amp pro that Im getting from ebay too. Anyone have one of these amps? The MF reviews seem good. Heres a link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Amp?sku=487829

I was looking for opinions on this amp so I posted it here. I also want to give a heads up on this deal too. If the admins feel its not the place for it then feel free to move it to efraid or wherever.
    Last edited by Carbuff; 10-03-2006, 02:21 PM.

I've got one, it's pretty cool. Most people use it as a power amp, but it gets some decent tones when plugging straight in. It needs an OD/distortion pedal to boost it for higher gain metal, but it works pretty well.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I've got one, it's pretty cool. Most people use it as a power amp, but it gets some decent tones when plugging straight in. It needs an OD/distortion pedal to boost it for higher gain metal, but it works pretty well.
      So then it would be great for using as a power amp for a v-amp pro? Thats what I was thinking of using it for.

Comment

I purchased one to power a line level signal from a load dump. I wanted to feed my amp speaker out into the load dump, line into the power block and then add my time based effects. Sounds crappy. Not sure if it's the crate or my load dump (weber mini mass)

I tried running my podXT into the powerblock as well. Double yuck. Although I have never gotten a good amplified tone from any of my pods.

It sounds best on it's own.
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          So then it would be great for using as a power amp for a v-amp pro? Thats what I was thinking of using it for.
          Yes, I've run my GT-8 into it with great results. I've also run the line out of my THD Univalve head into it with no problem.

Comment

I just checked the link and it say $199. The price must have gone up already.

Comment

Music 123 still has them this morning at $99.

http://www.music123.com/Crate-CPB150-i155611.music

Grabbed one for my son's B-day (to use as a buackup with his GNX4) from Musician's friend last week, wehn I saw they dropped the price. Saw yesterday that Music 123 dropped theres too.
              Hope you get in before they raise the price, if you want one. they supposedly work pretty good with a processor , stereo or mono.

on another note, does anyone know why sometimes you see these great deals go down , but only for a few days on the major online distributors?

I've gotten a $699 list price acoustice washburn for $99 (two of them actually)also in the past year..then a few days later i't sback up to $299. DO they do it so the employees can get a great deal or something?

Comment

Yeah, back up to $199 at MF. Weird. And I checked 123 the other night too and it was $199 but now its $99. Still not in stock yet at either location. I wonder if we will see a ton of these on ebay in a few weeks.

Comment

i spent a good deal of time with one of these decent good bottom end
                  simple on channel gain is not bad the v-amp is great I have the vampire
                  lx112 INCREDIBLE amp . crate cubes are a great backup unit!

Comment

You are on the right track use it for a power amp. BERHINGER is a great choice

Comment

I ordered one. It's supposed to be in today. I'm gonna use mine with my Rectifier and G major. I'm gonna slave out of the Recto and go into the G major. Then I'll use the power block as a power amp and run it into one side of my 4x12. Thus eliminating using the effects loop on my Recto and being able to use my G major to it's full potential. I'm excited about getting it! I've also got a V-amp 2 that I might run through it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                        I ordered one. It's supposed to be in today. I'm gonna use mine with my Rectifier and G major. I'm gonna slave out of the Recto and go into the G major. Then I'll use the power block as a power amp and run it into one side of my 4x12. Thus eliminating using the effects loop on my Recto and being able to use my G major to it's full potential. I'm excited about getting it!
                        It'll work great for what you want! Just remember that you'll need to use your G major's volume control for the output level, as the PowerBlock's volume (and all other controls) are now bypassed unless going straight into its input.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                          I ordered one. It's supposed to be in today. I'm gonna use mine with my Rectifier and G major. I'm gonna slave out of the Recto and go into the G major. Then I'll use the power block as a power amp and run it into one side of my 4x12. Thus eliminating using the effects loop on my Recto and being able to use my G major to it's full potential. I'm excited about getting it! I've also got a V-amp 2 that I might run through it as well.
                          Did you order it recently for $99? All the deals are backordered till mid October. I guess you snagged one before they went out of stock. Let us know how it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by kp59 View Post
                            on another note, does anyone know why sometimes you see these great deals go down , but only for a few days on the major online distributors?
                            Get rid of excess stock? Increase sales figures when they need it?
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I got the email about it from MF on Saturday and ordered one then. It did come in today but I haven't gotten to hook it up yet. I'll let you all know how it works! What deal huh!!!!! Can't beat it for $99!

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                              Did you order it recently for $99? All the deals are backordered till mid October. I guess you snagged one before they went out of stock. Let us know how it works out.

Comment

Working...
                              X