Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I left my POD XTL on for 4 days straight

I thought I turned it off but...

I went down to practice for the first time in a few days and it seems I left my pod on the whole time.. Everything seems to be fine but wow.. 4 days. Is there anything I should be watching out for or something?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Your electric bill?
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Was it anywhere near an Xbox360?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Normally there is nothing to worry about. If the gear is designed properly and there are no faults happening in the electrical parts gear is fine with being left on. There are quite a few recording studios who leave their gear on 24/7 for several months.

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Thanks for the response Infernal..

Is there an "I'm supposed to wear a helmet" emoticon

Comment

I'm seconding Infernal Death's comment. My understanding is that SS electronics actually last longer the less you power cycle them.

Comment

I leave my pod xt on far too much (and the switch really isn't that far away) and have had no problems except the electricity bill - Line 6 build solid equipment and I'm convinced you could leave it for months without any problems at all.

Comment

I remember how jgcable compared his Vetta to the computers at work which are on 24/7 for several years.

I'd say as long as it works, it's fine.

And now I'm curious, has anybody left a tube amp on for 4 days straight?
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Solid state electronics in general will last longer the less they're power cycled, as already stated, especially under an idle load. Take the Aegis radar I used to build parts for... once installed in ships, theyre pretty much never powered down... for years and years on end.

For something like a computer that is used all the time, I never shut it down unless its not going to be used for a few days that I know of. Your POD is going to be just fine... leaving it on for that 4 days probably did the same, if not less wear on it as opposed to you turning it on 4-6 times during that fou r days.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I think you already got your answer but.... I leave my PODxt in a mostly closed desk drawer with just the power cable, usb cable, and guitar cord sticking out and leave it on for weeks. I use my Mac on top of the desk to control it. I've yet to have a problem. Karl

Comment

I left my x box on for 6 months and nothing happend, I think a xbox and a pod are pretty much same
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I left my tube amp on standby overnight once...

Comment

If I leave my Digitech TSR12 on overnight the screen gets this thing where it looks like the letters are fading in and out - almost like there's a fine layer of smoke or water in the screen.

Of course it's sandwiched between an MP-1 and an IPS33, so it's probably just heat messing with the LCD.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X