Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

signal splitters? entering the world of stereo :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signal splitters? entering the world of stereo :)

Need something to split a signal (not now... have to buy a cab for the savage first ) between my two amps .

What are the best splitters ?

or should i put a stereo delay before them and delay one amp by a couple of milliseconds ??

give me any advice ohh allmighty JCF lords

a stereo chorus is a great way to do it.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
      a stereo chorus is a great way to do it.
      +1. Or any other pedal with stereo outputs... delay, flanger, whatever.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A friend of mine runs two amps, not quite stereo but for different sounds, and combines them as well-he uses a Radial switcher that is quite nice.

Comment

Stereo chorus. That's what Brad Gillis used for speak of the devil... what a gi-normous tone!

Pete

Comment

only choruses ?no a/b/y switchers like whirlwind/radial/lehle ??

Won't there be any problems with ground loops with stereo pedals (i'm a complete ass when it comes to electricity/electronics etc )

Comment

I just had a ground problem with a stero Chorus. On recomendation from someone here, i got this.

http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-aby.htm

works like a charm and no Ground/Hum problem
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I am currently in the studio and we tried to use two amps by splitting the signal with a stereo chorus pedal. We also tried a dedicated splitbox (splitmaster or something).
                Both made the amps hum quite loudly.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                  I just had a ground problem with a stero Chorus. On recomendation from someone here, i got this.

http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-aby.htm

works like a charm and no Ground/Hum problem

Todd, I looked at their site but saw no indication of L.E.D.'s to show which amp or amps are being used. Are there any?

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
                    Todd, I looked at their site but saw no indication of L.E.D.'s to show which amp or amps are being used. Are there any?

There is no Led's on it. It has a Ground, Phase and a Iso switch to cure most any Hum problem.
                    69 on Musicians Friend
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

i think i'll try the bigshot asap after i'll get a cabinet

there's even a distributor for Poland and the price is quite okay aswell.

Comment

Working...
                      X